Google is offering new data plans in the entry level segment under Google One service which will also let the users easy access to the company's live customer support team as well.
Google One lets you store your data in the cloud.
So, what's new in Google One? "With lots of options, ranging from 100GB to 30TB, you can choose the plan that's right for you", Diwanji added. It caps out at 2TB of space for $9.99 per month, which is twice the storage you get with competitors like Dropbox and Microsoft's OneDrive. Subscribers to this plan will be automatically upgraded to Google One's 2TB plan at no additional charge. So with Google One, you get one-tap access to experts for help with our consumer products and services.
Plus, Google says it may hand out free Google Play credits to buy apps, music and movies, and offer other sorts of deals as well. And we'll be adding more benefits over time.
Originally published May 14, 10:56 a.m. PT Update, 12:01 p.m. PT: To clarify that only the paid storage plans, not the Google Drive online vault service, is being rebranded today. Many support channels for Google products lead you down a path to the Google Product Forums which are staffed for the most part with volunteer experts.
Does that mean Google Drive is going away? Now, all of that is called Google One. While I've never had a need for such a feature, I'm sure there are many paying Drive customers who have asked for the feature.
Over the past couple of years there have been some hints about Google beginning a shift towards selling services, besides things like Gmail and Search.
Google says it will upgrade all of its paid consumer Google Drive plans to Google One over the next few months, starting in the U.S. and rolling out globally.
The tech giant will upgrade all existing storage plans to Google One accounts starting with the United States and a global rollout will follow. Previously, 24-hour customer support was restricted to enterprise users of Google Drive.
Speaking of updates. Google One now has an official landing page where you can sign up to receive news and updates about the new plans including when they're available in your area.
The rebranding also brings a handful of new features. Check out the Google One page for yourself at the link below.
- F1 2018 game announced by Codemasters
- Skin Care Devices Sales Market Outlook 2024, Global Opportunity & Growth Analysis
- Kinder Morgan (NYSE:KMI) Declares Dividend Increase - $0.20 Per Share
- Bolton Eliminates Cybersecurity Coordinator
- Venezuela seizes Kellogg unit after company halts operations
- Crown Castle International (CCI) Getting Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Study Finds
- White House Searches West Wing for Unauthorized Phones
- Stephen Piscotty Homers in First At-Bat Since Returning From Bereavement List
- Global Advanced Wound Management Products Market 2018-2025 3M Company, Ethicon Inc
- Morgan Stanley Increases H&R Block (NYSE:HRB) Price Target to $30.00