The former Newcastle manager getting the boot on Wednesday morning and no doubt many Everton fans breathing a huge sigh of relief.
In the end the Toffees opted for Big Sam who signed an 18-month contract.
Maybe he'll buy a new villa like he did when leaving St James Park.
Sam Allardyce has been sacked by Everton after guiding the club to an eighth-placed finish.
He was employed at a time when the club was genuinely threatened with a relegation fight in the aftermath of a dismal summer of recruitment in 2017, and Ronald Koeman's poor start to the season.
Everton won 10 of their 24 league matches under Allardyce and finished the season with a 3-1 defeat at West Ham on Sunday.
'They must have been in the pipeline for a considerable time but no-one thought to tell me and my staff.
The decision comes after crunch meetings between the club's board earlier this week. I'm more than happy with what myself, my staff and the players have achieved from when I came in'.
The former England boss endured a fractious relationship with the club's hierarchy in recent weeks and was fuming after a re-structure of his backroom staff.
Allardyce has been heavily criticised by fans for his management and Everton's style of play since he took over and the club said the decision was part of their "longer-term plan".
"Again, we'd like to place on record our honest thanks to Sam for his work with us over the last few months and wish him well for the future".
He is currently the hot favourite to make his return with Everton, while Shakhtar Donetsk coach Paulo Fonseca is also in the frame, alongside Louis van Gaal, whereas a certain David Moyes is now free....
- Analysts' Recommendations in Limelight: Halcon Resources (HK)
- Couples who divorce to share what they accrued together
- Jose Mourinho hails "unbelievable" Michael Carrick
- On June, 6 Tailored Brands, Inc. (TLRD) EPS Estimated At $0.47
- MS Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh attend Suresh Raina's daughter's Birthday
- Tata Steel gets NCLT approval for Bhusan Steel resolution plan
- NuWave Investment Management LLC Bought New Holding in Vodafone (VOD)
- Meghan Markle's dad's role in wedding in question after paparazzi scandal
- Google investigated by Australian regulator over its Android data harvesting practices
- Islamic holy month of Ramadan to start from tomorrow confirms Saudi Arabia