Did Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick start a war of words?However, the veteran offensive lineman made an eyebrow-raising assertion when he claimed that Patriots Coach Bill Belichick was "talking [crap]" to his own head coach, Doug Pederson, before the Super Bowl.
"There was obviously some stuff said behind closed doors", said Johnson. Their owner talking (expletive) to our owner. Bill talking (expletive) to our head coach before the game. No, it's not. And that's what I got mad at, the arrogance by them.
After the Eagles advanced to the Super Bowl with an NFC Championship Game victory over the Vikings, Johnson called Patriots quarterback Tom Brady a "pretty boy" and added, "There's nothing I'd like to do more than dethrone that guy".
Johnson also talked about the mysterious, controversial benching of Patriots starting cornerback Malcolm Butler and suggested that the "Patriot Way" came back to bite New England in the Super Bowl.
"Here's what pissed me off", Johnson said on The Steve Austin Show (as transcribed by ESPN's Tim McManus). That was kind of our thing going in. "No, I don't. That's just the God's honest truth". "I ain't playing Tom Brady, I don't give a f- about him". Going into the game, I'm not going to be shell-shocked by it. Do I think people enjoy [it] and can say, "I had a lot of fun playing there"?
Johnson also talked about how he believes many teams that go up against the Patriots lose before they even step on the field.
"The way I approach the game, man I try to approach it fearless". "Everybody is half-a-d scared of them, and they're beat before they get on the field", he said. We had a great time.' They're not going to bad-mouth their coach.
The old "I respect you, but..." move. "You look at guys on paper, size and speed, that [expletive] don't matter".
Wonder what else Johnson will have to say this offseason.
- Amazon Prime members to get extra discount at Whole Foods
- LeBron James Held To One Of His Worst Playoff Games Ever
- Schlumberger (SLB) Position Increased by Jacobs & Co. CA
- Kanye Just Crashed the TMZ Newsroom to Say Slavery Was a Choice
- Thibaut Courtois snubs Antonio Conte in FA Cup final admission
- Slavisa Jokanovic has a special word for Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon
- A2 shares dive on disappointing guidance
- German growth slows to 0.3 pct in first quarter on weak trade
- Yogi Aditynath's chopper makes emergency landing in Kasganj, CM safe
- Angels' Keynan Middleton Has Damaged Right UCL