At the Cannes Film Festival, Kathleen Kennedy told Premiere France (with a hat tip to ComicBook) that yes, Lucasfilm's thinking has expanded to include the possibility of a Lando Calrissian solo movie.
UPDATE (11:40 a.m. ET): Lucasfilm has issued a statement clarifying that something was lost in translation, and that Kathleen Kennedy told the French magazine a Lando spinoff is "something she'd like to do one day in the future".
"We think that the next spinoff will be dedicated to Lando Calrissian", Kennedy told Premiere in a story published early Wednesday (May 16).
USA Today said: "While Solo is a Star Wars movie that gambles on not really being a Star Wars movie, it's a winning chapter that only sparingly (though intriguingly) shows its hand in connecting to the bigger universe".
Excitement for the film is growing, and United Kingdom fans will get to see Solo: A Star Wars Story a day earlier than everyone else, with it set to hit cinemas on 24 May.
Lucasfilm might be planning a Lando Calrissian spin-off soon.
Not only is Glover's Lando getting a lot of hype, but the actor-writer-director-musician is a huge deal right now outside of Star Wars and is one of the most talented creatives around.
Depending on your (certain point of view) next could mean a great many things.
When that might happen, though, is unknown. Well, it's not impossible that Lando's film could be in 2020, with Obi-Wan's standalone following in 2021, as ComicBook also acknowledges.
We receive a little taste of it within the Lando Marvel Comics series, which is second only to both Darth Vader run.
Kathleen Kennedy's "reveal" is not a surprise and is more than welcome. More Donald Glover makes the galaxy a better place for us all.
- When Arjun Kapoor met Cristiano Ronaldo and invited him to India
- Nintendo announces ticket reservation system to play Super Smash Bros
- Chief Secy. assault: Police to question Kejriwal
- HP's new 'all-in-one' PC to come pre-installed with Alexa
- Lynn helps Kolkata sink Rajasthan in IPL
- Alabama, Louisville Camping World Kickoff set for primetime matchup on ABC
- Rapper TI arrested outside his gated community near Atlanta
- Trump backer taunted at Cheesecake Factory for his 'MAGA' hat
- Committee approves Trump's CIA director nominee, setting up full Senate vote
- Ramazan moon sighted, fasting month begins from tomorrow