Spurs are hoping that no club will make a serious approach for Pochettino this summer.
"I think Pochettino is well down the track of becoming a Tottenham legend and moving across London to a club which is competing very closely, that isn't a logical move".
After the club's final game of the season against Leicester on Sunday, Pochettino called on Tottenham to be "brave" and "take risks". I think if we do what we did against all the teams in the Champions League again, we have a chance of going even further.
"If we want to play and be real contenders for big, big trophies, yes, we need to review a little. Mentally that's a big step we need to go forward". Until today it was so hard to talk about the future.
"There's no smoke without fire so there's probably an element of truth in there, and you look at it the other way where he [Pochettino] is looking for contract renewals - or maybe his agent has put the idea in there - to buck Spurs' ideas up", he told talkSPORT. In this type of situation, with a club with our unbelievable fans, being courageous is the most important, and to take risks.
Although Chelsea failed to secure Champions League football, they have identified Pochettino as the man to bring in a long-term strategy at Stamford Bridge.
Former Blues striker Cascarino admits such an appointment would be "a massive coup" for Chelsea, but doubts it will happen as Spurs would be left "absolutely devastated".
"Poch has got a fantastic record, he has nowhere near to funds that have been available at Chelsea, so I could see that making a lot of sense".
Roberts is a continually vocal representative of the Tottenham fan base and he slapped down Merson's insinuation that the Argentine could depart Spurs.
Tony Cascarino argues that Pochettino leaving #THFC for #CFC would be worse than Sol Campbell's move to from Spurs to Arsenal!
- Mircrosoft's Low-Cost Tablet to Rival Apple
- Statoil Removes "Oil" From its Name
- John Travolta shows off dance moves onstage with 50 Cent
- Australia investigates Google data harvesting from Android phones
- Mark Waugh criticises India's 'selfish' day-night test refusal
- Italy M5S leader says govt deal would be 'bomb' for establishment
- Mira Rajput Reveals Her Weird Phase
- "Vivo X21i with 6.28" AMOLED Display & Helio P60 SoC Goes Official
- Analysts Take on Novavax Inc (NVAX)
- Chlorine gas likely used in Feb Saraqeb attack - OPCW