An 18-year-old Sohail of Gokal Puri area was killed after a wall of his house collapsed on him, said media reports.
As many as 59 calls about fallen trees, five calls about fallen electricity poles and 11 calls about hoardings/wall collapse were received by the PCR, police said.
A massive storm, along with rains, hit the Delhi-NCR region in the wee hours of Wednesday, uprooting trees and disrupting power supply.
Strong winds, accompanied by dust, lashed the city while bringing a sudden decline in the temperature.
After several parts of India witnessed severe weather conditions in the last few days, which even killed over 50 people, the Indian Meteorological Department has issued a fresh thunderstorm alert in the Delhi-NCR region.
"Thunderstorm accompanied with squall with a wind speed reaching 50-70 kmph very likely at isolated places over Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand", the weather department predicted today.
Thunderstorms, dust storms, rainfall during summers have been a normal phenomenon in northern India. "But not of this severity". The dust storms and thunderstorms caused destruction in Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and New Delhi, that saw 40 people killed, leaving over a trail of destruction. "The frequency of western disturbance is unusually high", said Mahesh Pahlawat, vice-president (Meteorology and Climate Change) at Skymet, reported The Indian Express.
- Gaza hospitals struggle to cope with numbers of wounded protesters
- Girl, 11, killed when tree falls on vehicle in Newburgh
- Jose Mourinho hails "unbelievable" Michael Carrick
- Sei Investments Company Increased Apple INC (AAPL) Stake as Shares Declined
- Assange Hacked Ecuador Embassy Comms System, Set Up Own Internet
- "Jai Hind" replaces "Yes, ma'am" or "Yes, Sir" in MP
- Article 35A comes in the way of J&K non-permanent residents appearing…
- Islamic holy month of Ramadan to start from tomorrow confirms Saudi Arabia
- Michael Carrick to Join Jose Mourinho Coaching Staff During FA Cup
- NASA's Mars Cube One takes photo of Earth and Moon