Some commentators even anxious whether Bethesda's unexpected sequel would be completely overshadowed by the long awaited Borderlands 3, should that game be officially revealed at E3 2018 later next month.
In a series of Tweets, Randy Pitchford discussed human nature and how people will never believe that Borderlands 2 is not coming to E3 2018. He described a performer who practices feats both real ("like hammer a nail into his face") and fake (like a magic trick). "But when I eat a light bulb (which is not magic, and is real) people will swear that it is fake - a trick, '" said Pitchford.
Even if Borderlands 3 doesn't appear at E3, this doesn't mean it doesn't exist. "Many of you will find a way to interpret the intent to suit what you want to believe regardless of what is true".
While we realise we are absolutely doing what Pitchford says we will in his tweets, we can't help but wonder if this is some kind of misdirection or, perhaps, a hint that what we'll see next from the Borderlands universe won't be called Borderlands 3.
But will Borderlands 3 be showing up at the entertainment expo at all?
Pitchford rounded his thread of tweets off by saying thank you to fans and promising that Gearbox is "working harder than we have ever worked in order to create new and exciting things". It also refutes the information that was seen in the massive Walmart leak days ago where Borderlands 3 was shown with only a title and no box art. A representative from Gearbox Software announced to a room of journalists earlier today that there will be no Borderlands presence at E3 whatsoever.
- Couples who divorce to share what they accrued together
- On June, 6 Tailored Brands, Inc. (TLRD) EPS Estimated At $0.47
- Islamic holy month of Ramadan to start from tomorrow confirms Saudi Arabia
- Iranian Foreign Minister visits Russia, China to save nuclear deal
- Bank of England deputy 'sorry' for 'menopausal' metaphor
- Petrol, diesel prices hiked
- NuWave Investment Management LLC Bought New Holding in Vodafone (VOD)
- Assange Hacked Ecuador Embassy Comms System, Set Up Own Internet
- OPPO unveils its sub-brand 'Realme 1' in India
- Girl, 11, killed when tree falls on vehicle in Newburgh