It means tomorrow's Season 2 finale is serving as the series finale - at least on the broadcast network, as co-producer eOne is now shopping the series.
I think, creatively, we've also had a lot of behind-the-scenes turn on that show in terms of the number of showrunners that were involved.
Averaging a 0.7 demo rating and 4 million total weekly viewers thus far this season (in Live+Same Day numbers), Designated Survivor ranks ninth and seventh among all ABC dramas, having dropped sharply from its freshman averages (1.2/5.8 million). "We were less confident about the creative path forward than the other shows we brought back".
If the show gets a third season, a new showrunner would be introduced, marking the show's fifth person in the job.
Does the line of succession for Designated Survivor lead to Netflix?
Ratings-wise, the show did fairly well early on, averaging nearly six million viewers, but more recently it had only been averaging around four million viewers, which placed it near the bottom of ABC's top drama series.
Plus, more feelings on not-renewed shows like "Rise" and 'The Expanse'.
In addition to Sutherland, the series starred Natasha McElhone, Adan Canto, Italia Ricci, LaMonica Garrett, Tanner Buchanan, Kal Penn and Maggie Q.
- British American Tobacco (NYSE:BTI) Receiving Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Report Shows
- Microsoft reveal 17 minutes of State of Decay 2 gameplay
- STALKER 2 is coming in 2021, apparently
- Live Nation Introduces Women Nation Fund
- Price Target Analysis Energy Transfer Equity, LP (ETE)
- Ajax Cape Town found guilty of fielding Tendai Ndoro, forfeit three matches
- Confirmed Cases Of Ebola Rise To 42 In Congo -Ministry
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings Inc. Acquires 48159 Shares of HollyFrontier (HFC)
- JC Penney Corp Inc Sentiment Worsening on Low Stock Potential
- What Do Analysts Say About Liberty Global plc (LBTYK)