National Security Advisor of the United States John Bolton said in an interview with CNN news that after the withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal, the USA does not exclude sanctions against European Union companies for cooperation with Tehran. And he said that he will consider "economic sanctions of the highest level" on any European company or country that helps in Iran's nuclear "quest".
He also dismissed European leaders' criticism of the U.S. withdrawing from the deal and said the allies will eventually join the Trump administration and withdraw from the pact.
The United States' withdrawal has left this an open question: How aggressively will the Trump administration seek to apply sanctions to Europeans and others who have committed to that deal, formally called the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action?
"Is the United States going to sanction European companies that do business with Iran?" "I think the Europeans will see that it's in their interest ultimately to come along with us.I think that will sink in, and we'll see what happens then", he said. "It would not stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons".
Despite the lack of support from other world powers, Bolton said he thought the USA sanctions would make a dent in and of themselves. "We have the support of Israel, we have the support of the Arab oil-producing monarchies and many others and the consequences of American sanctions go well beyond goods shipped by American countries because of our technology licenses to many other countries and businesses around the world". "He makes the decisions, and the advice I give him is between us". "That's what we are going to do, and I will be hard at it with the Europeans in the next several days".
On "Fox News Sunday", Pompeo also talked about the US becoming more involved in North Korea in North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un chooses the "right path".
Secretary of state on the release of three American detainees from North Korea and President Trump's strategy for Iran.
- Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward named Premier League Player of the Season
- ICSE, ISC Results 2018 Tomorrow At 3.00 pm
- Workspace Group (LON:WKP) Given Buy Rating at Peel Hunt
- Foot Locker Inc Stock as Institutional Investors Enter
- Fortnite: Where to Find Thanos
- Assam wants JPC to defer report on citizenship bill
- GE14 outcome represents major change in Malaysian politics, says Singapore PM Lee
- Sharif's remarks on Mumbai terror attack 'serious disclosure': Sitharaman
- Nxp Semiconductors NV (NXPI) Stake Maintained by P Schoenfeld Asset Management Lp
- This is just the start - Salah