The City boss stumped up £80 to help Kevin Tomlinson keep his promise to get Monk's face tattooed on his backside if Birmingham could beat the Cottagers. Monk's men won the game 3-1, securing another season in the Championship for Birmingham and dashing Fulham's hopes of automatic promotion on the final day of the season, and as a result Tomlinson will now boast some rather unusual football-related body art.
The Whites needed to better Cardiff's result against Reading, which finished in a draw, but instead fell to first-half goals from Lukas Jutkeiwicz and Harlee Dean that ensured Birmingham's safety. "They want to see commitment and fight and then, on top of that, they want to see some quality, and we had that".
The supporter, Shane Cuzick, posted a fundraising link on Twitter in the hope that some fellow Blues fans might help fund the weird and embarrassing tattoo, but Monk himself saw the post and donated £80 to reach the £100 target.
In the build-up to the final fixture, Birmingham supporter Kevin Tomlinson promised to get Monk's face tattooed on his rear end if the club managed to pull off an unlikely victory against Fulham.
Just paid for it, pal! Monk wrote. "But just one condition".
- Pioneer High Income Trust (NYSE:PHT) Shifting Institutional Investors Sentiment
- Analyzing International Seaways (INSW) and Golar LNG Partners (GMLP)
- Bitcoin falls after billionaires Bill Gates and Warren Buffett say this
- Kinross Gold (NYSE:KGC) Price Target Raised to $4.20 at Deutsche Bank
- Celgene (CELG) Downgraded by Royal Bank of Canada to "Outperform"
- China, Japan, South Korea open three-way summit
- ABC blindsided by cuts
- What Are Analysts Report About JetBlue Airways Corporation (JBLU)
- After 124 deaths, heavy storm alert for 15 states, UTs
- Present remains tense as Antonio Conte ducks future talk