Witten says the "time has come to pass the torch". Witten also mentioned running back Ezekiel Elliott, right guard Zack Martin, center Travis Frederick, left tackle Tyron Smith, defensive end Tyrone Crawford, safety Jeff Heath and defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence during his retirement announcement.
"Jason Witten was the ultimate pro", fellow VFL and National Football League legend Peyton Manning said Thursday. It wasn't the type of season that many were expecting from him, but there is no reason for fans to freak out just yet.
Witten ends his career on a streak of 235 consecutive games played. We know you were hurting sometimes.
Lee, the intense heart and soul of the defense, later helped put together an open letter to Witten, released via ESPN.
It comes a few weeks after the team said goodbye to receiver Dez Bryant on April 13 and a little a more than a year after the departure of longtime quarterback Tony Romo. Once they did so, it seemed like the obvious choice was to draft a top receiver in the first round to replace Bryant, but of course the best GM in all of football passed up on the pick of the litter from Calvin Ridley to D.J. Moore. If you saw me on the street, perhaps at a street taco stand, and said, "Hey KT, what's the one-word scouting report on that tight end from Stanford the Cowboys drafted"?
"If I've learned anything along the way in the last 15 years, it's that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people won't forget how you made them feel".
Although questioned at the time, the move turned out to be a huge success as Romo drew rave reviews for his insight into the game and ability to relate his experiences as a player to what was going on in the contest he was calling. "That is certainly what I tried my best to do during my time with this organization".
- Clinton Thought About Leaving Country After Trump Won
- This 'Game of Thrones' Star Just Became the World's Strongest Man
- Congratulations, John Oliver, on the koala chlamydia ward named after you
- Tyson Foods (TSN) to Release Earnings on Monday
- National Football League facing another lawsuit on ex-49er Eric Reid's behalf
- Texans Warned "Do Not Drive" 2006 Ford Ranger, Mazda B-Series
- Elliott makes $7B all-cash bid for Athenahealth
- Eating Fast Food Linked to Fertility Issues
- Welsh police wrongly identify thousands as potential criminals
- Z's Mom Gives Powerful Speech as She Receives GLAAD Award