Ever since Virat Kohli's county deal with Surrey was announced Wednesday, May 3, speculations about the Indian captain's salary with the County Championship Division 1 side had been cropping up.
Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara and Ishant Sharma will be busy with their county commitments which will be ideal practice for them for the upcoming 5 Test series against England, starting 1st August 2018.
However, the Delhi batsman's Surrey deal doesn't come with a hefty package.
While Kohli and Ashwin have County cricket contracts and will fly to England after the conclusion of the ongoing edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), Ishant and Pujara are already in England, playing County cricket.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has been very considerate in their opinions on this. "Let's get it clear." the BCCI office-bearer was quoted as saying.
"Surrey is paying airfare, accommodation and a very nominal match fee during the month".
"We are getting one of the best players, if not the best, in the world".
While the news was out in Indian media in March only, the BCCI was engaged with Surrey about how much the county can use the Indian captain's image rights. While Kohli won't be a part of Indian squad for Afghanistan Test, he will be in Ireland, where India will play 2 T20Is ahead of a gruelling England tour.
"There will be curiosity and marketing opportunities but we don't want our captain to be unduly disturbed by peripheral activities".
The 29-year-old will be hoping to improve his record in England, one of the few countries he averages less than 40.
As India captain Virat Kohli looks forward to his month-long stint with Surrey, Alec Stewart, the director of cricket at the English county side, said that they had been following up with Kohli for the last 18 months to strike the deal. From a batting perspective, regular India names such as Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and Hardik Pandya will find themselves playing the Test match against Afghanistan. The Delhi batsman had managed only 134 runs in 10 innings at 13.5.
- Kempner Capital Management INC Increases Holding in Cardinal Health INC (CAH)
- PRA Group (PRAA) Stock Rating Lowered by BidaskClub
- Donald Trump thanks Kanye West for boosting his African-American approval rating
- Id Software is adding bots to Quake Champions
- CM Yogi Adityanath finally returns to storm-hit UP
- Buckley Wealth Management LLC Acquires Shares of 4759 Schlumberger (NYSE:SLB)
- Putting woes continue as Tiger Woods fails to birdie at Quail Hollow
- Pitching propels LSU baseball over No. 4 Arkansas to win series
- Sentiment Change Report: Cadence Design Systems Inc (NASDAQ:CDNS) at 1.59
- Girl's discovery while out walking was eons in the making