In an interview with Spanish publication Marca, Morata claimed 'I now know what the Premier League is like and what the referees are like. I wanted to play, but I couldn't even move in the warm-ups.
'One among them informed me that he knew it had been a foul however that he was not going to blow it. We went to Germany and what happened there was very hard for me.
Morata added: "I had to go several times to Germany to receive a treatment in which they put injections in my back".
'The ache was risky after which I had to return to London to coach the subsequent day. "I think I made a mistake". I ought to have stopped. When you're injured you're injured and that's that.
"We want to have players of his level in the squad". If I'd scored in one of those matches then something would have changed.
Morata is now at risk of missing the upcoming World Cup in Russian Federation after being left of Spain's latest squad that faced Germany and Argentina in March. "I have learned from it and I won't do it again". I ask myself how I've missed that. They scanned me in all of my muscles from the gluteus to the back.
"I would be driving or having dinner and suddenly I would have the pain". Nobody told me "you have a tear here or there". It was as if the sciatic nerve was the problem. I wanted to, but nothing. Only the doctor, the coach and my family knew.
Speaking recently the striker said it has taken him a while to adjust to the English game and that he has now figured out how to deal with referees. I would go just to be with my teammates. "It'd be really tough not to go, but that is a possibility".
The native of Madrid has, to date, featured across 45 matches for Chelsea in all competitions, registering 15 goals and creating a further six for his teammates. "It would have been easier if we had won the Premier League, but you can not win every time".
Antonio Conte's side will be playing Liverpool at Stamford Bridge in a Premier League match as they will be hoping to pursue a top four finish in the league.
- Big Island of Hawaii hit by historic quake after Kilauea volcano erupts
- Rashtriya Lok Dal and Samajwadi Party have made a decision to join hands
- International Business Machine (IBM) Holder Estabrook Capital Management Raised Holding
- Cambridge Analytica is shutting down
- Sunny, warmer weather in store for this weekend || Daniel Starks
- Four police officers shoot armed robbery suspect in Brattleboro
- Wells Fargo Championship: Late birdies help Jason Day secure season's second win
- Jurgen Klopp responds to Ousmane Dembele and Nabil Fekir transfer rumours
- Tapper presses Conway on Trump's falsehoods
- Kezman responds to claims of Man Utd deal for Milinkovic-Savic