When asked whether he saw himself staying at United for another five years, he offered up this response: "I would see myself doing it but the new concept of media, social media, the pundit industry, the way people can express and influence opinion, it is too much pressure - not just for the manager - but also for the club", said Mourinho.
In Man United's recent F.A Cup encounter with Tottenham Hotspur, the 25-year-old midfielder looked out of sorts in the opening proceedings, but then showed his quality, providing Alexis Sanchez with a delicious cross to score from, earning his 12th assist in all competitions. He's the coach, I'm the player.
"It's quite amusing because we don't judge me on the midfield part", he told Sky Sports.
"I'm here and very happy", the star continued, with other rumours suggesting he could leave in the summer. "At this moment, there isn't anything around the corner and I don't want to do anything different to what I am doing now".
He said: 'It's not something I'm used to, but everyone has to go through this.
"It makes you stronger and makes you realise you have to work hard, because anything can happen".
"I don't take it in a bad way", he said.
He is looking to improve on that front and has received some pointers from Michael Carrick, who wants the ex-Juventus favourite to emulate his old West Ham and England colleague Frank Lampard.
"I think I'm judged differently, but it's good".
"If I can help the team in attack and defence and make a difference I will do it".
"I can still do better".
"Sometimes I go to him and say, 'Do you see something I could do better?' and he helps me and helps me to improve".
"Michael has the experience, he always talks to me since I arrived previous year and helps me with the position and all that".
- Korean Denuclearization Pledge Will Help Trump Counter Iran, Israeli Intel Minister Says
- Colts choose Notre Dame's Nelson at No
- Does Prince Louis' name really have a 'Harry Potter' link?
- Hall, Kopitar, MacKinnon named finalists for Hart Trophy as NHL's MVP
- Modi-Xi talks highlight Indian and Chinese co-operation
- Bellator 198: Fedor Emelianenko Quickly Takes Out Frank Mir
- Burning Man festival co-founder dies of massive stroke, aged 70
- Mourinho's confidant reveals Thomas Tuchel will likely succeed Conte at Chelsea
- Tadic double helps Southampton close gap
- European Union extends arms embargo, prepares sanctions on Myanmar