He was officially introduced as a member of the Browns with new teammate and former Ohio State corner Denzel Ward in a press conference where the two were given a jersey to commemorate being first round picks.
The Browns passed on ultra-talented running back Saquon Barkley with the No. 1 overall pick Thursday in Round 1 of the NFL Draft, but they wasted no time getting their ball carrier in Round 2. "Not only is he a great football player, he's a tremendous person, a tremendous individual, tremendous leader and he exemplifies what we're trying to build here in Cleveland".
Back in March of 2017, Cleveland accepted a trade with Houston which sent quarterback Brock Osweiler and a 2nd round pick to the Browns.
Former UNC cornerback M.J. Stewart was the first local player to be drafted Friday, as the 53rd overall pick in the 2rd round, by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Chubb was pulled on passing downs at Georgia, however, a red flag for his three-down viability.
Lorenzo Carter's name was also taken off the board.
Chubb ran for 4,769 yards, 6.3 YPC, and 44 touchdowns in his four-year career as a Bulldog. Jones rushed for 1,550 and 19 touchdowns last season. Those physical traits give him an opportunity to be a more impactful as a pro than he was in college.
- What Really Matters? - MuleSoft, Inc. (MULE), Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (SBGI)?
- Benitez begins talks with Newcastle over future
- New Orleans Saints NFL Draft Picks: 2018 Round-by-Round Results, Grades
- The Music Modernization Acts Passes The House Of Representatives
- Sunny And Warmer Heading Into The Weekend
- Rain predicted this weekend, but warmth and sunshine will return next week
- Avengers: Infinity War India Box Office Early Trends: RECORD BREAKING Superheroes!
- Austin Corbett NFL Pick For Cleveland Browns
- Greater Noida rape: Woman forced to drink, raped by Ola driver's friend
- Singapore PM: ASEAN growing closer to China and India