Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping later this week, Indian industry chamber Ficci on Tuesday described it as an opportunity for discussing both bilateral issues, as well as on steps to ease pressure on world trade from U.S. protectionist measures.
There will be no joint statement or communique after the informal summit, which will see the two leaders sharing their perspectives on national as well as worldwide developments, the source added.
With Beijing's ever apparent desire to present itself as East Asia's leader in security and diplomacy, expect China to use this year's summit to continue pushing for selective expansion of the organisation. "However, in order to achieve this goal it is necessary to make efforts not only for Russian Federation but also for other members of the world community", Shoygu said in Beijing at a meeting of the SCO defense ministers. "They also met at multilateral occasions", he said, adding that every time they had very good talks and reached important consensus.
This will bring positive influence to regional and world peace, stability and development and bring more benefits to the people of both countries, Lu said. The External Affairs Minister also called upon the global community to unite across the differences, strengthen the resolve and script an effective strategy against terrorism.
Such exchange of views will deepen the mutual trust between the two countries, set the direction and set objectives for the further growth of bilateral ties. India has not signed up to the initiative as parts of one key project, the $57bn China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, run through Pakistan-administered Kashmir that India considers its own territory.
"In this way, our iron friendship with Pakistan will never rust and be tempered into steel", said the official. Differences persist over the border issue, China's growing military assertiveness in the Indo-Pacific region, and Beijing's mollycoddling of Islamabad despite Pakistani terrorism against India.
Kong said Modi will stay in a most comfortable place in Wuhan.
- Champions League semi-final preview: Can Bayern stop Madrid for real?
- Kathua rape-murder case: Arrested cops move HC
- QUIZ: Name all the characters appearing in Avengers: Infinity War
- 1 killed, 16 injured in Madagascar opposition protest - medics
- "Battlefield 1" Monthly Updates Ending Soon
- Kenseth returning to NASCAR
- Masco Corporation (MAS) - Profit Margins Analysis
- Caterpillar Leaps on Earnings
- Security tightened in Jodhpur ahead of Asaram Bapu case verdict
- Donald Trump plans to end work permits for H-1B Visa spouses