Thousands of people have pledged to run 3.7 miles to "finish" the London Marathon in honour of Matt Campbell, who collapsed at the 22.5-mile mark during Sunday's event and later died.
More than £100,000 has been raised for the charity chosen by the Kendal man who died after the London Marathon at the weekend.
Matt Campbell, 29, who appeared on Masterchef: the Professionals a year ago, was doing his second marathon in as many weeks when he collapsed after 22.5 miles.
By Tuesday afternoon, more than 2,300 people had signed up to run and donate money to the Cumbria-based Brathay Trust, which works with vulnerable young people.
Matt originally set himself a modest target of £2,500, but his JustGiving page has been overwhelmed with donations following his unexpected death.
The marathon was Mr Campbell's second in two weeks after he previously completed a race in Manchester.
Writing about his father on his fundraising page, he said: 'The past year & a half have been the toughest of my life but his spirit and energy live on in me'.
Before the marathon on Sunday got underway, Matt had tweeted his excitement about the race alongside fellow MasterChef: The Professionals star Tom Peters. "I know you can do it!" and entered me into my first marathon; Brathay 2016 along with my brother, Josh.
"It was maybe the proudest day of my life standing at the finish line having achieved something I never imagined possible with my Dad & my Brother by my side".
"It may be in London, Somerset, Manchester - wherever you are - but if as many people can do a 3.7M run on Strava on Saturday, and give a £5 "entry fee" to Matt's JustGiving page, I think that'd be a nice gesture from us as a group".
Announcing the death on Monday, Virgin Money London Marathon organisers had said: "With deep sadness, we confirm the death of a participant in the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon".
Campbell finished second on BBC Young Chef of the Year when he was 20.
- 4 more Naxals killed in Maharashtra
- Erdogan Apologizes to Armenians for 'Sufferings', Avoids Word 'Genocide'
- Malaysia finds motorcycle allegedly used in shooting of Palestinian scientist
- QUIZ: How quickly can you name all 18 of the Marvel movies?
- 5-year-old boy claims teachers taped his mouth shut
- Spotify improves free mobile listening with on-demand tracks
- Macquarie Group Ltd. Boosts Position in Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (NASDAQ:KTOS)
- IPL 2018: Snubbed Root holds no grudge for England teammates in IPL
- United Kingdom borrowing lowest since March 2007
- #BBNiaja: Miracle victory shows Nigerian youths are not lazy says Okowa's Aide