The Montebello event was held in advance of Tuesday's worldwide commemoration of Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day.
"You have gathered today under the roof of the Armenian Patriarchate of Istanbul to remember the Ottoman Armenians who lost their lives during the fierce and harsh conditions of the First World War".
The first of two gatherings is set for 10 a.m., with a march organized by Unified Young Armenians beginning near Hollywood Boulevard and Western Avenue in Little Armenia. Protesters carried the Armenian tricolour and chanted the name of the protest leader Nikol Pashinian who was leading the procession.
Mkhitaryan on Monday had reflected on the opposition movement in Armenia's capital city of Yerevan-and demanding ex-President Serzh Sargsyan's resignation from his recently-elected post of Prime Minister, and posted a respective comment about 1.5 hours before Sargsyan's stepping down.
'By attending the commemoration we are showing our respect for the awful events done to minorities, in the same way that the government attends the commemoration of the Dutch slavery history, ' Sigrid Kaag said during a debate on the issue.
The protests, which lasted ten days, mostly focused on people's frustration with the current authorities.
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Tuesday that it was Turkey's responsibility to share historical pain of Armenian citizens and urged the Armenian community not to allow others to ignite hatred over the past events.
Erdoğan also called on the Armenian community not to allow those who are trying to ignite hatred and hostility by distorting "our shared past".
Russian Federation has recognized the massacre as genocide. In 2017, it accused the USA president, Donald Trump, of "misinformation" when he stopped short of using the word genocide but marked "one of the worst mass atrocities of the 20th century".
- Watch Chris Gayle Dance To Sapna Choudhary's 'Teri Aankhon Ka Yo Kajal'
- Malaysia finds motorcycle allegedly used in shooting of Palestinian scientist
- Lockheed Martin beats profit estimate, raises 2018 forecast
- QUIZ: How quickly can you name all 18 of the Marvel movies?
- Slaughters and Linklaters lead on Takeda's £43bn takeover battle for Shire
- It's Ram Charan for Bunny
- "Unpatchable" Nintendo Switch Bug Lets Hackers Fullfill Their Wild Dreams
- 4 more Naxals killed in Maharashtra
- Leinster trio Sexton, Furlong and Fardy in running for European player award
- The Hartford (HIG) Receiving Positive Media Coverage, Analysis Finds