Even after a solid performance the night before, one of the Astros' aces still had to hear it from the fans at Guaranteed Rate Field. It was the fifth straight win for Houston (15-7), which has outscored Seattle and Chicago (4-13) by a whopping 40-5 in that span.
CHICAGO (AP) - The Houston Astros are rolling into a high-profile AL West matchup at the Los Angeles Angels.
The White Sox went on to lose Friday night's game 10-0, and perhaps with Farquhar heavily on their minds, they lost again Saturday night, 10-1.
Since the game was virtually over after two four-run innings to start things off the Sox fans began to do the only thing left to do for entertainment.
"When you see one of your brothers go down like that, it's not very fun to watch", pitcher James Shields said of Farquhar. He has passed 19 hitters in 20 innings over four starts.
Gattis homered off Hector Santiago in the ninth.
Manager Rick Renteria said everyone involved did a good job with helping Farquhar get the attention he needed in the moment. They went ahead 1-0 in the second inning after back-to-back two-out doubles by Matt Davidson and Yolmer Sanchez.
It was his second grand slam of the season and seventh of his career, and he became the first Astros player to hit two in a calendar month since Hall of Famer Jeff Bagwell did it in May 2001. "If I had a good outing, what I did in that outing, what I can do better for the next one", Lopez said through a translator. Bruce Rondon entered in relief of Bummer (0-1) but failed to stem the tide, issuing walks to George Springer and Carlos Correa while allowing run-scoring singles to Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman. Renteria said that Farquhar regained consciousness, had a strong heartbeat, and was breathing well when he was rushed to Rush University Medical Center, where he was diagnosed with a ruptured aneurysm. He signed with the White Sox in mid-2017 and has pitched 23 games. Correa was 7 for 10 in the three-game series. The initial out call was upheld in a video review. "I'm very confident that I avoided the tag before I tapped home plate". "Apparently, it wasn't what the umpires saw on the replay". The White Sox have lost 14 of their last 16. "He was feeling a little uncomfortable with his leg so I made sure that we had it checked out yesterday", Renteria said. In his 14th season, the six-time All-Star and 2011 Cy Young Award victor is enjoying a late career renaissance, starting the season 3-0 with a 1.10 ERA.
- Jefferies Group Comments on Retail Properties of America Inc's FY2018 Earnings (RPAI)
- As of May, 8 SunPower Corporation (SPWR) EPS Estimated At $
- Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital in 'early stages of labour'
- Patterson-UTI (NASDAQ:PTEN) Upgraded to Outperform at Cowen
- Methanex Corporation (NASDAQ:MEOH) Analyst Ratings as of April 21, 2018
- TSB apologises as customers complain of 'data breach'
- Guggenheim Capital LLC Raises Position in Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. (CNSL)
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Couple Up at Queen Elizabeth's Birthday Party
- Ditch the artificial sweetener. It can cause obesity and diabetes
- Orion Engineered Carbons SA (OEC) Receives $28.43 Consensus Target Price from Analysts