According to police, the man had just committed an armed robbery at an undisclosed store, where he allegedly took merchandise and pointed a gun at a store employee who confronted him. Police said the man lifted his shirt to reveal a handgun in his waistband, then he demanded a pack of cigarettes as he was walking out.
The incident happened around 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
CPD also mentioned that the suspect stole money from the business and left the store fleeing eastbound on West Third Street.
Anyone with information about the armed robbery or the suspect is urged to call the Royersford Borough Police Department at 610-948-3333 or the Federal Bureau of Investigation at 215-418-4000.
Right now police are reviewing security cameras to get a better suspect description.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to call 88-CRIME and can remain anonymous.
- VW ID R Pikes Peak unveiled
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms on the menu this weekend
- BidaskClub Upgrades National CineMedia (NCMI) to Hold
- IShares GNMA Bond ETF (GNMA) Declines 0.19% for April 22
- Jim Bridenstine becomes NASA's 13th administrator
- Unisys Corporation (UIS) EPS Estimated At $0.17
- Drug take-back April 28
- Suncor Energy Inc. (SU) EPS Estimated At $0.57 on May, 1
- Analysts Set Liberty Global (LBTYA) Target Price at $42.05
- IndyCar race goes back under red flag with track conditions