Although Leipzig themselves have struggled to repeat their heroics last season, Keita himself has been in good form as he prepares to move to the Premier League.
The Reds struck a deal to sign Keita ahead of next season during last summer's transfer window, with the midfielder, 23, officially moving to Anfield on July 1.
Having lost Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona for £142m in January, Jurgen Klopp tried to bring forward the agreement with Leipzig.
However, according to The Times, the German club countered that request by asking for Alexander-Arnold as part of any early deal.
The 19-year-old is pushing for a place in Gareth Southgate's England squad for the World Cup this summer.
LIVERPOOL face Roma in the semi-final of the Champions League tomorrow night - but who will start for the Reds? The Guinea worldwide will move to Anfield on July 1 but his value will be determined by where Leipzig finish in the Bundesliga table.
Keita's release clause this summer was £48m, but Liverpool agreed to pay more than that such was their determination to fight off competition and land the Guinea global fro the 2018/19 season.
However, Saturday's 5-2 home defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt - a game in which Keita scored in - left Ralph Hasenhuttl's side down in 6th place, out of the Champions League spots and in danger of also missing Europa League qualification.
It is understood that Liverpool will pay about £48 million for the midfielder if Leipzig end up seventh or below.
- PM to preside over meeting on loadshedding in Karachi today
- Flood of Gmail spam messages
- Weekly Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc. (NYSE:NSM) Ratings on April 21, 2018
- Gilead Sciences (GILD) Holdings Trimmed by Orleans Capital Management Corp LA
- Sharp Objects Trailer: Amy Adams Sees Dead People in Creepy HBO Miniseries
- Sara Ali Khan shows off her killer moves to 'Saat Samundar Paar'
- Russia: US did not violate red lines during Syria strikes
- Timbe and Co sent sacked by Tusker FC
- White House Throws Nikki Haley Under the Bus, She Flips It Over
- Leinster v Scarlets, European Champions Cup Semi-final