Chris Gayle (62* off 38), who made his third consecutive 50 plus score in the season, and Player of the Match Lokesh Rahul (60 off 27) ensured that the Kings XI Punjab make a mockery of the challenging total put forward by the Kolkata Knight Riders.
KXIP were cruising through scoring 96 in 8.2 overs before the rain interrupted the match. Kings XI raced to the target with 11 balls to spare and for the loss of Rahul, who hit a blistering 27-ball 60 that contained nine fours and two sixes.
But that was the only big partnership of the innings as wickets fell regularly. However, the attacking cricket from the Punjab openers Gayle and Rahul ensured that Punjab won quite convincingly in the end.
Their wishes came true, and the match resumed with a revised target of 125 in 13 overs for KXIP.
Both Rahul and Gayle reached their respective half-centuries but Rahul got out just when they needed only nine runs.
In the rain affected match, the Punjab XI were able to win the match by 9 wickets against KKR at their home ground on Saturday. Chris Lynn's knock of 74 (41) will be a major positive for Kolkata as he had been struggling this year. After offspinner Mujeeb-Ur-Rahman picked up Narine in his first over, Chris Lynn took up the challenge and fired on all cylinders.
But while KKR seemed well on course to cross the 200-run mark, the KIXP bowlers put up a disciplined performance at the death.
The two also removed Karthik and Tom Curran in the process, thus managing to restrict the hosts to 191/7.
- Ten arrested at neo-Nazi rally in Georgia town
- Analyst Stock Ratings: Devon Energy Corporation (DVN), Vonage Holdings Corp. (VG)
- Natalie Portman says to skip Israeli ceremony due to Netanyahu speech
- Students acting like rowdies, Kashmir society damaging itself: Altaf Bukhari
- Barcelona Wins Copa Del Rey After Downing Sevilla 5-0
- Summary of Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT) Ratings
- Fulton Financial Corporation (FULT)- Making Way Towards North with Performance Booster
- Chardan Capital Increases Esperion Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ESPR) Price Target to $100.00
- Engine manufacturer, FAA call for immediate inspections after Southwest Airlines fatality
- 3 dead, 4 others hurt in Waffle House shooting