Singer Roberta Flack was rushed to the hospital on Friday night from the Apollo Theatre in Harlem, where she was performing in a charity concert.
One minute she was getting ready to take the stage at the Apollo; the next she was on her way to the hospital. The 81-year-old singer-songwriter complain of dizziness before receiving her honor, and because of her age and previous stroke, her handlers felt the need to call the paramedics. "She's doing fine but is being kept overnight for observation", the representative added. The doctors reportedly want to ensure that this incident is not connected to her 2016 stroke.
Flack, probably best known for her big 70s hit "Killing Me Softly", has appeared on numerous TV shows and supplied music for the soundtracks of countless films and television spots during her long career.
We're relieved to know she is well and back on her feet again.
Roberta had enormous hits in the '70s and '80s. including "Killing Me Softly", "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" and "Set the Night to Music".
- Nishikori battles past Cilic to reach Monte Carlo Masters semi-finals
- Syria regime bombards IS at camp near Damascus
- Walmart Inc (WMT) Expected to Announce Quarterly Sales of $120.13 Billion
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE:TMO) Lowered to Hold at Zacks Investment Research
- Enyimba seeded in Pot 1 — CAF CC
- As China Mobile (CHL) Shares Declined, Lazard Asset Management LLC Decreased Stake
- Carrols Restaurant Group (TAST) Given Media Impact Rating of 0.08
- Sunstone Hotel Investors, Inc. (SHO) Look at on volume And Volatility Analysis
- EPS for TransCanada Corporation (TRP) Expected At $0.80 as of April, 27
- After Meesha Shafi, More Women Accuse Ali Zafar Of Sexual Harassment