The Queen is set to attend a star-studded concert to celebrate her 92nd birthday.
Horse-drawn guns fired 41 times in Hyde Park and 62 times at the Tower of London, while at Windsor Castle, the band played "Happy Birthday" during the changing of the guard.
The Royal Family's Twitter handle released a couple of pictures of young Queen Elizabeth while paying tribute to her.
Prince Harry, who was appointed at the president of the The Queen's Commonwealth Trust, is expected to speak up at the evening event. Besides her actual birthday on April 21, official celebrations involving 1,400 parading soldiers, 200 horses and 400 musicians - an event known as the "Trooping of the Colour" - are held usually on the second Saturday of June. However, when she became queen in 1952 following her father's death, she also began celebrating her official birthday.
Despite her age, the Queen still regularly carries out official engagements although her husband Prince Philip, who spent 10 days in hospital this month for a hip replacement, retired from public life past year.
Celebrating an official birthday as monarch is a practice that started more than 250 years ago in 1748 when King George II decided that he wanted a better chance of good weather on his birthday than his November birth date afforded, according to the BBC.
A non-white writer, Anita Sethi, claimed he joked about whether she was really from the British city of Manchester when they met at a Commonwealth meeting this week.
- Sunstone Hotel Investors, Inc. (SHO) Look at on volume And Volatility Analysis
- Parker Harris Sells 1750 Shares of Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) Stock
- Respect Kejriwal's request, but won't break my fast yet: Swati Maliwal
- Release date for survival horror game Agony announced with nightmarish trailer
- Andhra Pradesh MLA calls Narendra Modi a traitor, BJP demands action
- As China Mobile (CHL) Shares Declined, Lazard Asset Management LLC Decreased Stake
- Carrols Restaurant Group (TAST) Given Media Impact Rating of 0.08
- After Meesha Shafi, More Women Accuse Ali Zafar Of Sexual Harassment
- Syria regime bombards IS at camp near Damascus
- Stock's Volatility Analysis: TE Connectivity Ltd. (TEL)