The company said it will process and ship all orders taken prior to May 20.
The company that invented and manufactures bump stocks is shutting down.
The closure comes after months of scrutiny caused by the use of a bump stock-an accessory that allows semi-automatic weapons to fire at the rate of an automatic-in the October 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas, the deadliest in modern American history.
Paddock was in the possession of 12 rifles with mounted bump stocks when he fired from his 32nd floor room at the Mandalay Bay Hotel, law enforcement says.
The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence sued Slide Fire just days after the mass shooting in Las Vegas, saying the company was negligent in developing and marketing bump stocks to the general public without any reasonable restrictions. Slide Fire would occasionally run out of inventory and suspend sales, and then eventually start selling them again. President Trump said in February that he would ban them, but that hasn't happened yet. "With limited exceptions, primarily as to government agencies, the [Gun Control Act of 1968] makes it unlawful for any person to transfer or possess a machine gun". This came in conjunction with a flood of efforts, both legislative and regulatory, to ban the stocks and a host of other trigger devices at the federal, local and state level.
The decision is likely to face court challenges from gun owners who may argue that only Congress has the authority to outlaw bump stocks.
Several lawmakers had proposed a ban on the devices in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting.
Slide Fire Solutions, the inventor and manufacturer of bump stocks, will no longer be selling the firearm accessories. A far-reaching school safety bill signed last month by Florida Gov. Rick Scott, also a Republican, included a bump stocks ban and was immediately met with a lawsuit by the National Rifle Association.
He sold over $10m worth of equipment in his first year, according to Bloomberg Businessweek, giving the struggling town an economic jolt.
- United Rentals (URI) Downgraded by ValuEngine to Hold
- Salah ready for Real Madrid move - Mido
- Peering into Recent Action from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:REGN)
- Traders Secrets on General Mills, Inc. (GIS), EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG)
- Cohen Lawyers Recommend `Masters' to Review Seized Material
- SFPD officer injured in hit and run
- Ronaldo Rescues Point For Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao
- Aerovironment Inc (NASDAQ:AVAV) Sellers Rose Their Shorts By 9%
- Kaka opens up on Jose Mourinho issues
- Revenue Forecast of Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG)