By using a set of easy-to-use templates, now anyone can create customized experiences for Alexa within minutes.
Blueprints launches today for Alexa users in the United States and includes 20 kinds of skills templates.
"Alexa Skill Blueprints is an entirely new way for you to teach Alexa personalized skills just for you and your family", said Steve Rabuchin, VP of Amazon Alexa, in a statement. Alexa Skill Blueprints require no prior knowledge of coding. Custom skills you make are tied specifically to account, meaning they'll only work on Echo speakers that you own. Blueprint templates are also available if you want to shower someone (or yourself) with compliments, roast your friends, or create Family Jokes or Family Trivia skills. Unfortunately, you can only access the skill blueprints if you're in the U.S., and Amazon didn't say whether they'll eventually be available outside the country.
With the the new Alexa Skill Blueprints, Amazon is giving the average layperson the option to program basic Alexa skills, like answering the question, "Who is the best mom ever?"
Alexa Skill Blueprints is available now for customers in the US. Each blueprint comes with pre-filled content that can be used as-is or customized by the user.
There are now 20 skill blueprints across four categories, including Fun & Games, At Home, Storyteller, and Learning & Knowledge.
- Ugandan President Wants to Ban Oral Sex: 'The Mouth is for Eating'
- Intel just shut down its smart glasses project
- Lars von Trier returning to Cannes after seven-year exile
- Mohanlal to host the first season of Bigg Boss Malayalam
- Southern Colorado wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Former 911 operator jailed in USA for hanging up
- National Football League schedule to be released Thursday night
- Value of Ambulatory BP Monitoring Bolstered by Large Study
- Pakistan reacts strongly at Modi's claim over 'surgical strikes'
- Global Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) Market 2018 Outlook - First Solar, Sharp, Yingli Solar, Solar Frontier