A anonymous Venetian employee who functioned with Wrobel told Fox 5 Vegas that "no one was surprised that he did it because he whined about handling Every Moment".
As CrimeOnline previously reported, 42-year-old Anthony Wrobel was soon identified as a suspect in the shooting at Sunset Park Sunday.
Las Vegas police were on a manhunt Tuesday for The Venetian casino-resort employee who killed a co-worker and injured another person in a targeted shooting at a park during the weekend, authorities said.
A woman in her 50s was killed, and a man, also in his 50s, was being treated for critical wounds.
"This was not a random act of violence", Metro homicide Lt. Robert Plummer said at a news conference today, noting that the Federal Bureau of Investigation was also looking for Wrobel.
They say that Venetian hotel-casino employees were having a picnic at Sunset Park, near Sunset Road and Eastern Avenue, when Wrobel showed up.
Banks died from gunshot wounds to the head and chest, according to the coroner.
Hector Rodriguez, executive director of table games, was critically injured but his condition has been stabilized, Plummer said. Police later found the auto parked at McCarran International Airport, but it wasn't immediately clear whether Wrobel had accessed the terminal or boarded a flight.
Upon searching Wrobel's property, investigators discovered there was some planning involved in the shooting, Plummer said without further explanation, citing the ongoing investigation.
Police said Wrobel fled after the shooting and his vehicle was found a short time later in the parking garage at the airport.
There was likely quite a lot of preparation ahead of the assault, Phil Ramos, a retired vegas Metro police officers, advised the station.
The company released a statement expressing its sympathy for "both families, and everyone who has been affected by this senseless act of violence".
Officials said grief counseling would be available throughout the week for employees.
- Imperial Capital Boosts Alaska Air Group (ALK) Price Target to $68.00
- Barclays PLC Reaffirms "Purchase" Rating for Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (ISRG)
- Poland broke European Union law by logging in ancient forest, court says
- Anticipated $0.25 EPS for Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (LPI) as of May, 2
- Holder Windward Capital Management Company Boosted Walt Disney Co (DIS) Stake
- Morning Alert General Electric Company (NYSE:GE)
- Alberta getting ready to restrict export of oil and gas resources
- Police videos released in Stephon Clark shooting
- Ryan Sessegnon makes history with his young player of the year nomination
- San Diego County backs Trump challenge to California 'sanctuary' law