Keyamo posted the letter on his official Twitter account (@fkeyamo) on Tuesday, March 17, and promised to make a formal statement later.
Yoruba apex socio-political group, Afenifere has reacted to the appointment of human rights lawyer, Festus Keyamo, SAN, as the spokesperson for the President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organization.
In a tweet today, Keyamo revealed the appointment letter dated 16 April, 2018, appointing him as Buhari's spokesman for the 2019 presidential election.
By this appointment, Keyamo becomes the official spokesperson for Buhari's campaign for the 2019 presidential poll.
"As you are aware, Buhari is seeking the nomination of our great party, the All Progressives Congress as the candidate for the 2019 presidential election".
"But, there is so much hypocrisy surrounding this appointment". The rest of us have been appointed the spokespersons of the Nigerians.
The president only just recently announced his long-awaited intention decision to run for re-election in 2019.
Keyamo was on Monday appointed as the Director, Strategic Communications in a letter signed by Rotimi Amaechi, the Director General of Buhari's campaign.
The development was made public by the president's personal assistant on new media, Bashir Ahmad and confirmed by Kaduna State Governor, Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai.
- Amit Shah in Karnataka, Oklahoma wildfire, and other news in pictures
- People in Thailand can now easily order stuff from Amazon.com
- Forecasters warn of Benign wildfire Weather Conditions
- Nextera Energy Partners (NEP) to Release Quarterly Earnings on Thursday
- Warriors take 2-0 series lead on Spurs, Wade shockes 76ers
- Australia yet to zero in on Lehmann successor
- Samsung Galaxy S10 & Galaxy S10+ Smartphones Screen Size Confirmed
- Yum! Brands (YUM) Earning Somewhat Positive Media Coverage, Report Shows
- Winter Won't Let Go: Iowa Seeing Hail, Sleet, and Snow
- Denbury Resources (DNR) Holdings Raised by Wells Fargo & Company MN