- Stoke are without a win on their last 19 Premier League visits to London, drawing seven and losing 12.
With AP Photos.Andy Carroll scores a 90th-minute equalizer soon after coming off the bench to earn West Ham a 1-1 draw against Stoke, which is denied a vital win in its bid to escape relegation from the English Premier League.
Despite dropping two crucial points, Lambert said he still took a number of positives from the result and felt his team would stand a fighting chance of beating the drop if they beat Burnley at home on Sunday.
"I was concerned, because I'd seen him play for Stoke sometimes and I didn't think he did all the running back defensively", he added.
"For the team, for us, at the time it was hard because it meant we had to go and look to change after we had been the dominant team, apart from the first five or 10 minutes of the second half". I keep saying it ― if there is a little bit of Lady Luck, it has certainly not come our way.
"I think the ref the decisions right from what I have heard".
BC-SOC-West Ham-Stoke, 1st Ld-Writethru, 408Carroll equalizes late as West Ham holds Stoke to 1-1 in EPLAP Photo LON606, LON816Eds: Updates with detail, quotes.
This time, they basically point out a player for each Premier League club who were scouting the match, mostly based on previous transfer rumours.
"Since this manager's come in we've shown a lot of character and have stopped shipping goals".
Can Paul Lambert save Stoke's season (Picture: Getty Images)When is West Ham vs Stoke?
David Moyes's side had two goals correctly ruled out for offside and Aaron Cresswell forced two fine saves out of Jack Butland with free-kicks, before the Potters scored what appeared to be the victor through Peter Crouch 11 minutes from time. "I can't fault the effort or commitment, and we'll see what happens".
The goalkeeper has only just got back in the West Ham team after losing his place to Adrian at the end of November.
As we alluded to earlier, West Ham have a decent record against mid-low half sides that are out of form in recent seasons, so a home win looks by far the safest wager.
He added: "I must have walked under a ladder or broken a mirror somewhere because I have not had any luck whatsoever".
- Harry Anderson, star of sitcom 'Night Court,' found dead in NC home
- UK, US governments warns Russian Federation of 'malicious cyber activity'
- Wedbush Reaffirms "Outperform" Rating for Nike (NYSE:NKE)
- Miami Heat look to even playoff series
- Raytheon Company (RTN) EPS Estimated At $2.08
- Trump Responds To 'Disgruntled' Comey Interview: He 'Committed Many Crimes!'
- MURDER investigation launched after STABBING in Forest Gate, London
- Inspectors' visit to suspected Syria gas attack site delayed
- Spirit Realty Capital (SRC) Shares Sold by Geode Capital Management LLC
- Fortis Healthcare Board to meet this week to consider acquisition bids