"Searchers located the deceased body of an adult female approximately seven miles north of the reported crash site (Eel River flows in a northern direction)", California's Mendocino County Sheriff's Office said.
Sandeep Thottapilly, 41, vice president of the Union Bank on Santa Clarita, and his wife Soumya Thottapilly, 38, were on a road trip along with their two kids - Siddhanth, 12 and Saachi, 9 - in a maroon Honda Pilot from Portland, Oregon to San Jose in Southern California, during which they went missing on April 5.
The searches last weekend involved 70 people, including 21 in the water using Jet Skis and kayaks.
The Klamath River and a string of state and federal redwood parks lie along USA 101, north of where motorists saw the vehicle fall into the Eel River.
Visibility was extremely poor and divers noted the vehicle was encased in a large amount of sediment from the river current, a media release said.
Sandeep Thottapilly and his family were travelling from Portland to Los Angeles when their auto reportedly veered off into a river due to strong rain and wind.
Last week, the rescue team had found the body of a woman, later identified to be that of Soumya, and remains of the vehicle and the belongings of the Thottapilly family.
The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m., Monday, April 16, at Rosewood-Kellum Funeral Home, where a celebration of life will be held at 11 a.m., Tuesday, April 17.
Five bodies were found March 26 near Mendocino, a few days after Washington state authorities began investigating the Harts for possible child neglect.
- Vanguard Intl Div Apprec Idx ETF (VIGI) Declines 0.4714% for April 13
- Kathua rape case: United Kingdom reiterates Modi stand that justice will be done
- Fortis Healthcare Board to meet this week to consider acquisition bids
- Matt Ritchie stars as Newcastle hit back to down Arsenal
- Kiermaier to have surgery, expected to miss 8-12 weeks
- Mourinho blasts his players after loss
- United Nations rejects Russian attempt to condemn USA aggression in Syria
- Harry Anderson, star of sitcom 'Night Court,' found dead in NC home
- $0.34 EPS Expected for Imperial Oil Limited (IMO) on April, 27
- For France's Macron, Syria red lines were credibility test