Buffon, who was sent off for dissent by Oliver in the melee that followed the decision, said he was not backing down "even if it damages my reputation".
The Italian, whose team suffered a heartbreaking exit to Real Madrid in the Champions League quarter-finals last week, raised eyebrows prior to Sunday's win over Sampdoria by revealing he was unsure of what next season would hold.
"You find a way to speak, right or wrong, that at time can seem excessive, but this is me, I am Gigi Buffon."
"I go on vacation when the transfer window opens because I trust the club completely". It was a week that allowed me to experience strong emotions, beautiful, pure adrenaline.
Italy icon Buffon has said this will be his last season and he announced his worldwide retirement after Italy's dramatic failure to qualify for the World Cup finals for the first time in 60 years.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored the penalty to secure Madrid's progression with a 4-3 aggregate win, and Buffon blasted Oliver after the game, saying he had a "trash can" instead of a heart and accusing the official of not having the required "personality and sensibility" to officiate such a match.
The 50-year-old is one of the most respected and highly-rated coaches in Europe - both Chelsea and Arsenal are reportedly monitoring his situation in Turin.
AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma was making his 100th Serie A appearance at 19 years and 49 days.
"Buffon is a great champion who I hope will go on to have a great managerial career", Nicchi told Italian radio. "It wasn't a situation where you can say it's a definite penalty".
"If it happened in Italy?"
"After that, there are the appropriate bodies which must judge the conduct of all players on the pitch".
'UEFA strongly condemns the abuse directed at Michael Oliver and his wife, ' said a spokesman.
- Alibaba Group Hldg LTD (BABA) Shareholder Sands Capital Management LLC Decreased Stake
- Griggs slams ABC reports over Closing Ceremony
- Gain Capital Holdings Inc (GCAP) Receives Average Rating of "Hold" from Analysts
- ATMs run out of cash: What Arun Jaitley has to say
- Vidor woman exposed her children, ages 3, 2, to meth
- Spirit Realty Capital (SRC) Shares Sold by Geode Capital Management LLC
- Country Trust Bank Sells 67293 Shares of Apple (AAPL)
- Numeric Investors LLC Increases Holding in TerraForm Global Inc (GLBL)
- USA rescue team recovers bodies of missing Indian, daughter
- Western lowland gorilla born at National Zoo