Hours before the interview was shown, the president, who sacked Mr Comey a year ago, unleashed a Twitter outburst that labelled him "slippery", suggested he should be put in jail and branded him "the WORST FBI Director in history, by far!" Trump has attacked McCabe repeatedly in the past and claims McCabe had an anti-Trump bias in his handling of the investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server.
During the much-anticipated television interview that marks the official start of a nationwide tour to promote his new memoir "A Higher Loyalty", Comey acknowledged that even on Election Night, he expected Clinton would defeat Trump.
Did you believe that that the Orange Authoritarian, "45", Donald Drumpf fired civil servant McCabe to "send a message" to other agents to back off their righteous and just investigation of RUSSIAN collusion filthy trysts with Moscow prostitutes? "We're no longer that group in America that is apart from the partisans, and that can be trusted".
Mr. McCabe subsequently said he approved the F.B.I.'s contact with the reporter, according to the review.
Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said Monday that the Department of Justice inspector general's report on Andrew McCabe shows that "the obstruction investigation against President Trump is dead".
On Sunday, hours before the airing of Comeys interview, Trump tweeted that Comey disclosed classified information and lied to Congress. Trump also said Comey was not smart and the "WORST FBI Director in history, by far!" "People in this country need to stand up, go into the voting booth and proclaim their values", added the former FBI Director. In other words, he was making decisions based on the fact that he thought she was going to win, and he wanted a job.
As Trump and Comey trade insults and differing accounts of events in which both were involved, the public, so far at least, is siding with the fired Federal Bureau of Investigation director.
"The idea that [Trump] obstructed justice by firing [former Federal Bureau of Investigation director James] Comey to protect [former national security adviser Michael] Flynn or whatever. if Comey's the key witness, boy, what a joke of a prosecution that would be", Fitton said.
- Pacad Investment Ltd. Has $115000 Holding in Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK)
- Matt Ritchie stars as Newcastle hit back to down Arsenal
- Maple Leafs host Bruins for Game 3
- United Nations rejects Russian attempt to condemn USA aggression in Syria
- BORDER CHAOS: California BANS TROOPS from Helping Border Patrol Agents
- Steinberg Global Asset Management Acquires 8298 Shares of Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- Pakistan rejects allegations of blocking Indian envoy's access to Sikh pilgrims
- Parents of Alfie Evans suffer new defeat in battle for treatment overseas
- PM leaves for five-day visit to Sweden, UK, Germany
- Spanish LaLiga Report: Atletico Madrid v Levante 15 April 2018