Porn star Stormy Daniels took to ABC's "The View" with her attorney, Michael Avenatti, and released a sketch of the man she said threatened her in a parking lot in 2011 to keep quiet about an alleged affair with President Donald Trump.
The matter may be a serious one, but nearly immediately after Daniels released the sketch on ABC's "The View" Tuesday, several people began speculating on who the mystery suspect could be. Daniels also hadn't told her husband what happened with Trump, and didn't want him to know, either.
Daniels is engaged in a legal battle with President Trump and his personal lawyer Michael Cohen to invalidate what she calls a "hush" agreement she reached with Cohen shortly before the 2016 presidential election to remain silent about the alleged 2006 affair.
In a recent CBS interview, she said she was threatened to keep quiet by an unidentified man in a Las Vegas parking lot in 2011. "This is a search for the truth", Daniels' lawyer, Michael Avenatti, said on Twitter.
"I was in a parking lot, going to a fitness class with my infant daughter", Clifford said.
Daniels said she never went to the police about the incident and never saw the man again, but that she is certain she would be able to recognize him.
The release of the sketch comes as Cohen is threatened by a federal investigation that could reveal the inner dealings of Trump's longtime fixer and image protector.
Following federal investigators' seizure of Cohen's documents last week, Trump's lawyers had asked that they get a chance to first review all documents and decide what should be off-limits due to attorney-client privilege. The White House has consistently said Trump denies the affair. Cohen's lawyers did not detail the type of legal work he did for Hannity.
Trump answered questions about Daniels for the first time recently, saying he had no knowledge of the payment made by Cohen and adding that he didn't know where Cohen had gotten the money.
- Stocks within Assessment: Caesars Entertainment Corporation (CZR), Halliburton Company
- Kendrick Lamar wins Pulitzer Prize for 'DAMN'
- BMO Capital Markets Reaffirms Purchase Rating for Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK)
- Nikki Bella Reportedly Broke Off Engagement With John Cena
- Supreme Court asks J&K to protect victim's family, others
- Securities Analyst Recommendations: Comstock Mining Inc. (LODE), IAMGOLD Corporation (IAG)
- Include Money Stock in Portfolio: Corning Incorporated (GLW) with 2.62% Dividend Yield
- Baboons Escape Texas Research Facility
- Manchester City to avoid ban from CAS
- Race horse in Grand National