Winds will be strongest along Atlantic coastal counties at first, but the strong winds will extend countrywide through the course of this afternoon and evening.
A wind warning for the entire country has been in place since 9:00am this morning. Cloud will increase from the west bringing scattered outbreaks of rain to most parts during the afternoon and the remaining parts by nightfall. There will be showers during the day but also some good sunny spells. Here up to 40mm is expected over the period, with the potential for higher amounts on hills and mountains.
Met Eireann states: "South to southeast winds will reach mean speeds between 50km/h and 65km/h, with gusts between 80 and 110km/h".
There will be rain on Wednesday morning in western counties but the rest of the country should have a mainly dry and bright day. This warning is in place from Sunday at 1pm until Tuesday at 9am.
The Irish weather service has forecast temperatures as high as 18°C for Thursday, but it'll be wet and windy before then. Few of the showers may be heavy.
Temperatures will range from 11º to 13º, as southerly winds become strong and gusty everywhere during the day - with gales on exposed west and south coasts.
Met Éireann said today will be dry and bright in many places at first this morning. Highest temperatrus of 14 to 18 degrees with light southwest breezes.
Friday and next weekend will be largely dry with sunny spells with temperatures hitting around 17C.
- It's A Wrap For Alia, Ranveer's Gully Boy - View Pic
- Regions Financial (NYSE:RF) Receiving Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Accern Reports
- Caretaker boss Moore wants West Brom to maintain professionalism
- Mainz top Freiburg after VAR drama
- California woman who drove family off cliff was drunk: sheriff
- Fulcrum Capital LLC Purchases New Holdings in Chevron Co. (CVX)
- Hall of Famer, Former Marshall Player, Hal Greer dies at 81
- Blake Shelton Admits He 'Thinks About' Marrying Gwen Stefani
- CWG 2018: Indian wrestlers hauled up for security breach in Gold Coast
- Blue Jays game moved to Tuesday after ice falls on Rogers Centre