Angel Correa lashed in the opening goal in the 33rd minute after a bursting run into the box by Spain forward Vitolo and Antoine Griezmann buried the ball in the top corner to score three minutes after halftime and double Atletico's lead.
The France global, who arrived at Atletico a season after the club won the LaLiga title, is linked with a move to Barca.
The Spaniard is unlikely to face Arsenal but Griezmann nearly certainly will and his goal was his 19th in La Liga this season, coming without Diego Costa, who is still nursing a thigh strain.
Six days after confirming he will be leaving his boyhood club at the end of the season, Torres rolled back the years with a volleyed finish, reminiscent of the 34-year-old in his prime.
Oblak, 25, has also been linked with a move and Torres was full of praise for the shot-stopper.
"Today I can be happy with a job well done", Real coach Zinedine Zidane said.
The fact is that Atletico are on their way to qualifying for the Champions League through their position of second place in La Liga, but with Valencia and Real Madrid just 3 and 4 points behind them they still have a lot of work to do domestically, and they will surely have to keep playing their best to stay there.
The result also guarantees Simeone's side a place in the Champions League for a sixth consecutive season.
Atletico will visit Arsenal in the first leg of their Europa League semifinal on April 26.
It came without his partner Diego Costa, who was still nursing a thigh strain.
- Russia: Syria chemical attack staged by foreign agents
- Lookout for Intraday Move - Southwest Airlines Co., (NYSE: LUV)
- Syria: missiles fired at air base near Homs
- Today's Hot Mover - Viacom, (NASDAQ: VIAB)
- Tax Day 2018: Where you can cash in on freebies and deals
- US Bancorp (USB) Receives $58.32 Average PT from Analysts
- IPL 2018, KKR vs DD: Hits and Misses
- Michael Avenatti Just Went Nuclear on 'Radioactive' Michael Cohen
- Top 14 side Clermont respond to Paddy Jackson rumours
- (MSFT) Shares Bought by Norris Perne & French LLP MI