The 25-year-old Spanish global has netted seven goals and chipped in with eight assists in all competitions for Los Blancos this term.
According to Spanish outlet Don Balon, Jose Mourinho is keen to sign an attacking midfielder in the summer and has set his sights on the Spaniard.
However, the Portuguese tactician is known for not standing in a player's way if he is desperate to leave, and if De Gea ever reaches that stage, Mourinho is ready with a list of players he would like to have in return.
Following Sunday evening's 2-1 victory over Málaga at La Rosaleda, Real Madrid returned to the Valdebebas training pitches on Monday and there were two pieces of good news for Zinedine Zidane.
The Madrid squad was without stars like Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Raphael Varane, Marcelo and Luka Modric but was able to count on Mateo Kovacic, Casemiro, Jesus Vallejo, Karim Benzema and Marco Asensio, reports Efe.
The 25-year-old is also aiming to topple the Welshman and score another eight before the end of the campaign - to break the record for most goals in a season (47) that Rush achieved in 1983-84.
- Cavaliers playoff run off to a rocky start
- (CIT) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" by Analysts
- Where to follow MI vs RCB live
- Infosys shares fall 6% on lower operating margin guidance
- Blake Shelton Admits He 'Thinks About' Marrying Gwen Stefani
- Faribault School Superintendent on AM Minnesota
- CWG 2018: Indian wrestlers hauled up for security breach in Gold Coast
- These 2 Stocks you Must See: CSX Corp. (CSX), Etsy, Inc. (ETSY)
- Storm Irene to bring high winds and more rain
- Chinese market opened up to Irish beef