"Johnny (Burke) said he was just doing a bit too much all the way, but with a bit more experience hopefully he'll be back next year for another crack at it".
"This one's for Pat Smullen", said 38-year-old Russell. He just couldn't do the weight on him.
Neither Russell, nor his race rival David Mullins, knew who had got the bob - a finish which was extraordinary for the fact that Tiger Roll seemingly had the race won inside the final 100m.
"All the way up the run-in I thought he wasn't going to get there and then right on the line I thought we had shout". Tiger Roll's victory at 10-1 was being hailed by the crowd before cheers turn to anxious cries as the horse either got exhausted or began to idle.
"My father reared six kids and he'd take me hunting every Saturday when he had other better things to do".
Davy Russell rides the horse over the Aintree fences, he is known as being one of the best current jockeys to not have won the National.
'The Gold Cup is the Gold Cup and I've been lucky enough to win that (aboard Lord Windermere in 2014), but the National is so hard to win'.
"I'm going back on the boat tonight, I can't afford Ryanair flights, but it will be some party". "He's tough as nails".
A dual Irish champion jockey, Russell's career has not been without the odd bump in the road and was famously informed he had lost the job as number one jockey for Gigginstown House Stud over a cup of tea with Michael O'Leary late in 2013.
O'Leary was keen to pay tribute to his trainer after providing him with a second success.
"I've won this race a thousand times in my head, in my heart, at home".
He said: "It's been an unbelievable training performance from Gordon to turn him from a Triumph Hurdle victor into a National victor".
Following an exclusive long term partnership with Carm Productions and The Jockey Club, Inspired's Virtual Grand National 2018 was broadcast for the first time on national television in the United Kingdom on Friday evening ahead of the live event on Saturday afternoon. In fact, of the 12 horses that completed the race, a total of eight are trained in Ireland. The releases have not been edited by Blood-Horse.
- Dark Souls: Remastered Succumbs To Delay On Switch, Along With Solaire amiibo
- Syrian TV: False alarm set off air defenses
- RA accepts Folau meant no harm to rugby with anti-gay remark
- Ford Mustang planned for Monster Energy Series in 2019
- Apple reportedly planning paid news subscription service
- Include Money Stock in Portfolio: Corning Incorporated (GLW) with 2.62% Dividend Yield
- Archaeologists find silver treasure on German Baltic island
- Large Volume Movers Intel Corporation's
- April 17 is here: You have until midnight to file taxes
- Nikki Bella Reportedly Broke Off Engagement With John Cena