"Style of Influence" exhibit, which is on display at the Dallas museum through October 1, features artifacts and historical photographs from former first ladies such as Michelle Obama, Nancy Reagan, Eleanor Roosevelt, Hillary Clinton and, of course, Laura Bush and Barbara Bush. They visited the traditional sites - museums, ruins and cathedrals - but Barbara Bush also took the twins to a bar and bought them their first martini. Her husband is also at her side.
Born Barbara Pierce on June 8, 1925 in Manhattan, New York, she grew up in Rye before studying at the Ashley Hall school in Charleston, South Carolina.
The 92-year-old icon is suffering from severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which makes breathing very hard, but she's still enjoying the finer things in life.
Her pearls sparked a national fashion trend when she wore them to her husband's inauguration in 1989.
President Donald Trump's press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said in a statement Sunday evening that "the President's and first lady's prayers are with all of the Bush family during this time".
The 36-year-old Bush Hager told the "Today" show cast that her grandmother is in "great spirits", adding, "She is the best grandma anybody could have ever had - or have".
'We are grateful for her. "Bush, now age 92, has decided not to seek additional medical treatment and will instead focus on comfort care", spokesman Jim McGrath said in a news release.
After the news of her failing health, the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy have created a page where fans can leave their well wishes for the Bush family.
- Investors should hold on Stock: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA)
- Capcom Releases Reigns on a New Monster
- Katy Perry Has Another Wardrobe Malfunction On 'American Idol'
- 114 pounds of marijuana seized in Lincoln
- Irate Mourinho ready to wield the axe
- Bon-Ton bid appears to be falling short
- A Fresh Look At Target Corp. (NYSE:TGT)
- Analysts See $0.53 EPS for The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT)
- Tax Day has arrived. Read this if you still need to file
- TESS launch postponed, NASA now targets April 18