The OnePlus 5 and the OnePlus 5T just received the OxygenOS 5.1.0 update, which brings Android 8.1 Oreo to these two handsets, as well as navigation gestures similar to those available on the Apple iPhone X. This update does bring in some new additions to OnePlus Launcher as well as Gaming Mode, while also bumping up the Android security patch level to April 1, 2018.
The latest OTA will be incremental, which means the company will rolling it out to a small number of people initially before a broader rollout takes place in a few days. Of all the changes listed by OnePlus, only one is exclusive to the OnePlus 5T. It should be visible right away on your OnePlus 5T or OnePlus 5.
OnePlus has made the news official through its forums, stating that the OS is now available for OnePlus 5 and 5T users over the air. The feature was first spotted in a beta release and it draws inspiration from the iPhone X. But, the timing of smartphone makers like Xiaomi and OnePlus introducing gestures for navigation to their devices can certainly be attributed to the iPhone X. However, gestures work differently for all the three smartphone makers. For multi-tasking, you swipe up from the bottom centre of the screen and hold your finger in the centre of the display until multitasking cards show up. Swiping up from the bottom centre of the screen mimics the home button.
This feature was supposed to be released with the OnePlus 6 however, this seems to be the precursor of the model. Also, there are some new optimisations in the gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness. The launcher has added category tags in search section of app drawer. The update will rollout widely in a few days so do make sure to keep checking by heading to Settings System Update.
- NASA to launch its TESS Exoplanet Mission in a SpaceX Falcon 9
- MURDER investigation launched after STABBING in Forest Gate, London
- Vanguard Intl Div Apprec Idx ETF (VIGI) Declines 0.4714% for April 13
- Things to know about the National Basketball Association playoffs
- ATMs run out of cash: What Arun Jaitley has to say
- Things we learnt on WWE RAW
- Miami Heat look to even playoff series
- Asteroid buzzed Earth this weekend
- Spirit Realty Capital (SRC) Shares Sold by Geode Capital Management LLC
- For France's Macron, Syria red lines were credibility test