City had won convincingly against Tottenham Hotspurs on Saturday, leaving their fate in the hands of United team waiting to engage the Baggies the next day.
With five matches remaining, they have a 16-point lead over United while maintaining a plus-68 goal differential.
The Red Devils were the only team in striking distance of the Sky Blues in the Premier League standings, before losing 1-0 Sunday at Old Trafford.
Not only did it their confidence, it also handed Manchester City the premier league title.
I have no reason not to. I have no reason for not to trust.
Although Mourinho says that he is not expecting Pobga to perform like that every week, he does want the midfielder to be more consistent for his team moving forward. I have been lucky to win three but so many I have missed as well.
The Catalan, who now has won three titles in three different countries after three La Liga triumphs with Barcelona and three Bundesliga crowns with Bayern Munich, admitted his EPL title was one of his best achievements.
"It hasn't been lost, but people have taken the focus off what their jobs have been this season, so what we've tried to do is bring it all back together".
In his second season in charge, Guardiola, aided by the vast financial backing of City's Abu Dhabi-based owners, has created a sublime team that helped him become the first Spanish coach to win the English top-flight title.
"I don't know if I was the first or second or third but I congratulated them [City] face to face when I had chance to do it".
Pogba scored twice in three minutes at the Etihad Stadium as United turned a two-goal deficit into a 3-2 victory, and in doing so forced their rivals to wait a little longer to secure the Premier League title. They lost only two matches because they were the best team.
Mourinho's men suffered a shock defeat to West Brom in the Premier League on Sunday. It is hard to speak about Manchester City for me, but what Pep Guardiola has done is awesome; to win the title with the football he plays is great.
Speaking after the game, the United boss said: "We were masters in complicated football". "We have spent a lot of money to have these awesome players, to make that possible". Everything was slow. Everyone was one more touch, one more trick, one more flick, one more turn.
- After Syria strikes, British PM May to face critical parliament
- (MSFT) Shares Bought by Norris Perne & French LLP MI
- Bryce Harper hits broken bat home run
- Wife of Rod Blagojevich disappointed in court decision
- Michigan's Desiree Linden wins 2018 Boston Marathon
- Michael Avenatti Just Went Nuclear on 'Radioactive' Michael Cohen
- Lookout for Intraday Move - Southwest Airlines Co., (NYSE: LUV)
- Spanish LaLiga Report: Atletico Madrid v Levante 15 April 2018
- Parents of Alfie Evans suffer new defeat in battle for treatment overseas
- Two men in custody following armed robbery