Syrian air defences intercepted missiles over Homs which targeted Shayrat air base late on Monday night, Syrian state television reported.
The US and Israel have denied being behind the attack.
Raw video: Department of Defense releases footage of Tomahawk missiles fired from the USS Higgins toward targets in Syria on April 14th.
The Syrian air defenses intercepted all the missiles, said the reports, adding that the source of the missile strike was not yet known. Social media reports are pointing the finger at Israel for the strikes.
Protection Secretary Mattis stated during the time that the Pentagon was careful to ensure the protection of Allied troops and also Syrian civilians inside the area and also that no follow-up attacks were planned.
Moscow and Damascus claimed two Israeli fighter planes carried out that airstrike "remotely from Lebanese territory".
A local reporter for The Arab News said Israeli warplanes were spotted in Syrian airspace just before the missiles were reported.
Deputy Hezbollah leader Sheikh Naim Qassem told pro-Syrian government television channel al Maydeen he expected a reaction to the death of at least seven Iranian military personnel during a missile strike earlier this month on the T-4 airfield near Homs, which Iran blamed on Israel.
The United States, Britain, and France launched more than 100 missiles in Syria on April 14, targeting three alleged chemical weapons facilities in an operation that Syria and its key ally, Russia, denounced as aggression on a sovereign state.
Syrian government has strongly rejected the allegations as fabrication by the rebels and Western countries to justify a military attack on Syria.
- The Cryptocurrency Bitcoin Red (BTCRED) dropped $-0.000740000000000001 on April 14-15
- Keep Your Eyes on Services Stock: Comcast Corporation (CMCSA)
- Trump Responds To 'Disgruntled' Comey Interview: He 'Committed Many Crimes!'
- Mourinho blasts his players after loss
- Harry Anderson, star of sitcom 'Night Court,' found dead in NC home
- Inspectors' visit to suspected Syria gas attack site delayed
- Indian army soldier joins Hizbul Mujahideen
- Kiermaier to have surgery, expected to miss 8-12 weeks
- Spirit Realty Capital (SRC) Shares Sold by Geode Capital Management LLC
- Vanguard Intl Div Apprec Idx ETF (VIGI) Declines 0.4714% for April 13