The SC issued a notice to the State government seeking a reply on the plea of the father of the victim that the case now being heard in a court in Kathua itself be transferred outside the state to ensure free trial. The court was adjourned to allow for this routine procedure, and a further hearing has been set for April 28. It is believed that the accused list include four police officers and a retired government official, all of whom have sexually assaulted a minor girl and then murdered her in January this year.
It was reported that Rajawat, who is the lawyer for the victim's family in trial court, has filed a petition on her own name seeking protection as she was receiving threats for representing the affected family.
K Srikanth ran out of steam after winning the first game against Lee Chong Wei in the final. PTI
The bench made it clear that it would confine itself only to the safety and security aspect at the moment. A chargesheet have been filed in the court of chief judicial magistrate, Kathua, state of Jammu and Kashmir.
At the outset, Jaising, who mentioned the matter for an urgent hearing in the forenoon, said the "biological father" of the victim had no grievance with regard to the police probe. The atmosphere is highly polarised, she also said. Read Also: Kathua Rape and Murder case: Keralites slam Mehbooba Mufti for alliance with BJP (Edited by Asha - Gladwin's copy) All the accused pleaded "not guilty" before the bench and asked district and sessions judge for narco test. Sanji Ram told reporters that a narco test should be conducted to bring out the truth.
According to the chargesheets filed by the crime branch, the abduction, rape and killing of the girl was part of a carefully planned strategy to remove the nomadic community from the area.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Crime Branch, Ramesh Kumar Jalla told The Hindu that the police did not plan to subject the accused to narco tests as of now. The two had taken her to a temple later and repeatedly raped the girl. Her body was found in the same area a week later.
- Wife of Rod Blagojevich disappointed in court decision
- Vanguard Intl Div Apprec Idx ETF (VIGI) Declines 0.4714% for April 13
- Harry Anderson, star of sitcom 'Night Court,' found dead in NC home
- Wedbush Reaffirms "Outperform" Rating for Nike (NYSE:NKE)
- $0.34 EPS Expected for Imperial Oil Limited (IMO) on April, 27
- MURDER investigation launched after STABBING in Forest Gate, London
- For Baseball Players In Ely, April Snow Is Nothing New
- Top 14 side Clermont respond to Paddy Jackson rumours
- Matt Ritchie stars as Newcastle hit back to down Arsenal
- Pacad Investment Ltd. Has $115000 Holding in Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK)