Kolkata: Rain stopped play between Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) and Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) for nearly an hour in the IPL match here at the Eden Gardens on Saturday.
The evening started on a good note for Delhi Daredevils when they won the toss and elected to field.
Defending champions Mumbai Indians have begun their training for the upcoming season of the and foreign players, including Kieron Pollard, are set to join them April 1 onwards. We'd hoped for a super over but Roy finished it with a skied shot at long off to score a single and give DD a win.
The Daredevils skipper was also eager to highlight the efforts of pacemen Trent Boult and Mohammed Shami who helped ensure that the Mumbai Indians managed just 27 runs in the final four overs of their innings having been given an excellent platform by openers Evin Lewis and Suryakumar Yadav and number three Ishan Kishan. As the next three turned out to be dot balls, Roy hit the winning run off the last ball.
The Indians allrounder took a stunning leaping catch on the boundary to dismiss Glenn Maxwell - click on the video above to watch - in their defeat to the Delhi Daredevils on Saturday. Included in the side at the expense of Colin Munro, Roy showed how valuable he can be with a sizzling display during the chase.
Kolkata was 52-1 in seven overs when rain stopped play for an hour.
"Sunrisers have some good bowlers, and on a given day you have to gauge who isn't bowling well and then go after him".
But on the positive side was the encouraging return to form of captain Virat Kohli who struck a quick-fire 57.
For Mumbai, left-arm spinner Krunal Pandya bagged couple of wickets for 21 runs while left-arm pacer Mustafizur Rahman scalped one for 25.
Although Narine returned and removed Hyderabad openers inside the first six overs of the batting powerplay, Williamson's half century off 44 balls took his team to 139-5 with an over to spare. "Nice to go over the line in this city".
- Faribault School Superintendent on AM Minnesota
- These 2 Stocks you Must See: CSX Corp. (CSX), Etsy, Inc. (ETSY)
- US Is Considering New Economic Sanctions On Russia
- Bombshell interview with Fmr. FBI Director Comey on President Trump
- Storm Irene to bring high winds and more rain
- Real Madrid's Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luka Modric out of Malaga clash
- California woman who drove family off cliff was drunk: sheriff
- Theresa May faces grilling from MPs after launching airstrikes in Syria
- UN Security Council Refuses to Condemn US Attack on Syria
- Chinese market opened up to Irish beef