"Australia has and continues to be one of our best performing worldwide markets and, after a short period of in-house management we are pleased to be partnering with Hallmark", says Ben Shaughnessy, COO of the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group Australia.
Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver took control of his Australian holdings a little over 12 months ago, buying his six Jamie's Italian restaurants from the receivers of the failed Keystone Group, but since then, Oliver's United Kingdom interests have run into trouble. Oliver came to Australia in March past year to relaunch the restaurants.
"Australia has and continues to be one of our best-performing worldwide markets and, after a short period of in-house management we are pleased to be partnering with Hallmark", said a Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group spokesman, who mentioned plans to "develop the Jamie's Italian restaurant offering across Australia". The remaining sites in Sydney, Parramatta, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide have been purchased by Hallmark Group, the publication reports.
BDO partners Andrew Sallway, Andrew Fielding and James White were appointed administrators of the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group (Australia) Pty Ltd on Monday.
They also announced that Brisbane-based Hallmark Group would take over operating the Australian franchise of the Italian chain.
Jamie Oliver's hopes of rescuing the Australian restaurants opened in his name is over after his business collapsed.
The business was seeking to restructure in an effort to overcome debts of £71.5 million.
- Facebook spent $9 million on private jets, security for Mark Zuckerberg
- Tamil Nadu: Professor detained for 'luring' students, government orders high-powered inquiry
- Tech, industrial stocks are big gainers as USA indexes rally
- Things to know about the National Basketball Association playoffs
- Body of last missing Indian family member found in California river
- Mobile fined $40 million for "false rings"
- Explosion targets Indian Embassy's field office in Biratnagar
- Things we learnt on WWE RAW
- ATMs run out of cash: What Arun Jaitley has to say
- Federal jury finds Jacksonville man guilty of distributing child porn