It wasn't the first time he's done it, either.
Mourinho has reportedly decided the four players he wants to sell this summer and now, according to Manchester Evening News, the Portuguese has lined up four replacements.
"Our form since Christmas has been really good but there's a frustration that we haven't really kicked on and found the fluency in the performances we've created", Howe told reporters ahead of Wednesday's home game against Manchester United.
The 22-year-old's inconsistency has seen him remain on the sidelines of late, although many supporters feel he should be given more minutes on the pitch.
After United lost the last-ever Manchester derby at Maine Road prior to City's move to the Etihad Stadium in 2003, Ferguson made no attempt to hide his fury with his team after the game.
"All the Premier League games are tough in their own right, no matter who you play", the caretaker boss said. I just wanted to bring a family atmosphere to the club.
"The only way is to go with performance", Mourinho said.
Did the win over Manchester City affect the player's mentality? Mourinho has to take a bit of personal responsibility for this.
The Reds succumbed to a 1-0 defeat at the Old Trafford, thus, allowing archrivals Manchester City clinch the English Premier League title.
Irate Mourinho ready to wield the axe
"In my experience, you don't win titles with inconsistency".
Albion certainly have Premier League-quality players, such as Jay Rodriguez, who was the match-winner at Old Trafford days after a Football Association charge of racially abusing Brighton's Gaetan Bong was found to be not proven.
"It was too slow".
But the owners' patience will not last forever.
In terms of the football, the view among the hierarchy is that winning football is entertaining football so substance, rather than style, is the requirement.
He has repeatedly been dropped by Mourinho this season.
The France midfielder has endured a torrid time in recent months, with a number of poor performances casting his future at the club in serious doubt.
Mourinho described his players as "masters of complication" after their limp display, which came despite the United manager naming a strong starting line-up including Romelu Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez and Paul Pogba.
As United prepare to face Tottenham at Wembley again on Saturday, Mourinho's relationship with Pogba is back under the microscope.
- Excalibur Management Corp Trims Stake in Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ)
- A Fresh Look At Target Corp. (NYSE:TGT)
- Tax Day has arrived. Read this if you still need to file
- South Koreans may visit North again ahead of first summit in decade
- Steve Harvey Talks Kardashians' 'Family Feud' Episode: 'Kim Didn't Know Nothing'
- Man City ace Aguero happy to wrap up title early
- Gorsuch Casts Deciding Vote on Immigration Case - It May Surprise You
- Viewing Major Stock of Yesterday- American International Group, Inc. (AIG)
- Sandy Hook parents sue Alex Jones for calling massacre a hoax
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers pick up Jameis Winston's fifth-year option