He went missing from Shopian - he is a resident of Wachi - and joined the group along with two locals.
It may be mentioned here that police confirmation came after Mir's picture wielding an AK-47 rifle went viral on social media. The soldier, according to the picture, joined the Hizbul Mujahideen on Sunday.According to the picture, Idrees has studied till BSc second year and was serving in the Army's 12 Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) in Bihar.
His father, Mohammed Sultan Mir, approached the police station this morning and reported that his son had been missing.
A senior police officer in Shopian confirmed that Mir was had been missing for a few days. "We have lodged a missing complaint and we are in touch with his family", the SSP said, adding the soldier was supposed to return to Bihar on Tuesday.
Past year in July, another armyman, Zahoor Ahmad Bhat from Pulwama district, fled from his Army post in Uri with an AK-47 rifle to join Hizbul Mujahideen. The Jammu and Kashmir police official said that the jawan had joined the terror group on Sunday. Mir was to be posted to Jharkhand and was unhappy about the move, a PTI report said. In another incident, a policeman, identified by cops as Bilal Ahmad, and a civilian, Rafiq Ahmad Lone, were injured after terrorists opened fire on their motorcycle in Shopian on Monday.
- Bryce Harper hits broken bat home run
- BORDER CHAOS: California BANS TROOPS from Helping Border Patrol Agents
- New Jersey Democrats in Strong Position to Flip GOP Districts
- Michael Avenatti Just Went Nuclear on 'Radioactive' Michael Cohen
- Wife of Rod Blagojevich disappointed in court decision
- Enbridge (ENB) Coverage Initiated at Mizuho
- Mplx (NYSE:MPLX) Raised to Buy at Zacks Investment Research
- Keep Your Eyes on Services Stock: Comcast Corporation (CMCSA)
- Michigan's Desiree Linden wins 2018 Boston Marathon
- Spanish LaLiga Report: Atletico Madrid v Levante 15 April 2018