Almost 5,000 rest days were due to be re-rostered for frontline officers on a single day.
"They need to listen, they need to listen quickly, because if they don't we are on the brink of disaster".
South Wales Police data showed there were 35,857 rest days cancelled - relating to 2,862 officers - since September, last year.
The officer made contact with the male, identified as Vanhouten, and while speaking with him, the officer detected the odor of marijuana coming from the interior of the vehicle, according to police. Officers who had gone to the neighborhood on an unrelated investigation recognized Muntean from a call they received Thursday night regarding a domestic disturbance, said Sgt. Daron Wyatt. That is why the amount of officers present may have looked like a high number.
And the Government's 114-page blueprint to make Britain's streets safe - published on Monday - contained no analysis of any impact from reductions in officer numbers.
'That can not continue. If we can not engage with the public and gain intelligence from them, our policing model fails in this country'.
"He was using bad language and screaming, then when we told him he could not smoke inside a police vehicle, he pushed my colleague out of the auto as he tried to hand cuff him and jumped on top of him", said the officer.
- Supreme Court asks J&K to protect victim's family, others
- Goldman Sachs Earnings: What to Watch
- Nikki Bella Reportedly Broke Off Engagement With John Cena
- Woman accused of murdering husband, 4 kids won't face death penalty
- Stormy To Release Sketch Of Man Who Threatened Her Over Trump - Lawyer
- Manchester City to avoid ban from CAS
- Delhi University students arrested for allegedly stalking Union minister Smriti Irani
- Oil price rises to approximately $72 amid worries of disruption
- Duke In The NBA: Weekend Playoff Wrap Up
- Kendrick Lamar wins Pulitzer Prize for 'DAMN'