Not only did they confirm the arrival of the 2019 Ford Fiesta ST hot hatch and reveal the next generation Mustang and Ranger Raptor; they also gave Supercars fans what they've been begging for, for months.
AT THE LAUNCH OF the Ford Performance brand in Australia today, Ford Australia confirmed it would bring the new Ford Fiesta ST to Australia in early 2019.
Ford Performance's engineering and design innovation extends from circuit to road vehicles, with fully tested, engineered and warranted performance components and accessories for Ford Performance road-going models, including suspension, exhaust and related upgrades for Australian Mustang owners.
Development of the new Mustang Supercar has already begun with Tickford, DJR Team Penske and Ford Performance working together to turn the road vehicle into a racer. Down Under in Australia, it's been well represented by the Falcon.
And just as importantly, so is Ford Australia.
The manufacturer will work with DJR Team Penske and Tickford Racing, combining the technical knowledge and expertise of Ford Performance with the experience and skill set of the teams.
Mustang's return to the championship is also made possible through Supercars' Gen2 rules platform, which opens up the championship to two-door cars and non-V8 engines, although significant work will be needed to allow the Mustang's body shape to fit over the mandated control chassis.
We'll leave the last word to Ford legend and Team DJR Penske co-owner Dick Johnson.
"Throughout the entire history of this team, we've never run anything but a Ford, and this announcement today is fantastic", Johnson said.
"The fact that we will be able to build and race a Mustang in the 2019 Supercars Championship is music to my ears".
- Salah wants to break Liverpool record!
- Arab coalition warns of 'painful' response over Yemen's Houthi drones
- Tech, industrial stocks are big gainers as USA indexes rally
- Mobile fined $40 million for "false rings"
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Drew McIntyre & Dolph Ziggler Invade WWE RAW
- Searches Find Two More Bodies in Missing Valencia Family Case
- S. Koreans may visit North again ahead of first summit in decade
- Actress Sri Reddy Scolded Pawan Kalyan as Ma*****od
- Manchester City avoid transfer ban after being cleared in Benjamin Garré case
- Ram Charan's Rangasthalam total collection is now behind only Baahubali series