Asus has been struggling in the Indian smartphone for a while now, and the new partnership with Flipkart will help the brand to become more visible in the online retail space. As part of the partnership, Flipkart will be the primary sales channel for Asus Zenfones in India. The first smartphone under this partnership - ZenFone Max Pro - will be launched on April 23.
Asus did not reveal full details of the Zenfone Max Pro yet, but the company did reveal that it will be powered by the octa-core Snapdragon 636 chipset. Not a lot is known about its hardware for now. It would be interesting to see if Asus (and Flipkart) would price the ZenFone Max Pro as aggressively because that would mean some serious competition for the Redmi Note 5 Pro in the days to come. This will be the first smartphone from Asus to be made available on Flipkart under a new long-term strategic partnership that the two players have signed. However, Japan's SoftBank Group, which owns roughly one-fifth of Flipkart via its Vision Fund, is reportedly holding out for a better price.
Asus and Flipkart had earlier partnered in 2014 for selling the first-generation ZenFone. "With "Mobiles 40by20", Flipkart will contribute significantly towards adding the next 100 million smartphone users by 2020", said Flipkart VP (Mobiles and Large Appliances) Ajay Yadav.
Investors in the Bengaluru-based company, including New York-based investment firm Tiger Global Management, South African media conglomerate Naspers, venture capital firm Accel and China's Tencent Holdings, have agreed to sell their stakes to Walmart.
"Flipkart has driven the adoption of smartphones in India, and grown the market, through innovations and a deep sense of knowing what consumers want". Flipkart's unparalleled distribution reach and marketing strengths will help ASUS build strong awareness for our innovative high value products and reach consumers across India.
Commenting on the development, ASUS CEO Jerry Shen disclosed that the company has visualized tremendous opportunity in the creation of products and services that is created to address India's market needs.
Going forward, Asus will collaborate with Flipkart to design phones for the Indian market based on consumer insights.
- NBA Playgrounds 2 Hits the Hardwood This Summer
- Ex-FBI director's book that enraged Trump out today
- International Monetary Fund revises forecast on Azerbaijan's economic growth
- Colin Kaepernick Arrives at NFL HQ to Depose Commissioner Goodell
- Bear Visits Professional Football League Game
- Commonwealth Games success a boost before Asian Games: Mary Kom
- Trump warns Russian Federation over Syrian crisis
- Bertucci's closes LI location as part of chain's Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing
- Real Madrid drama made Buffon 'feel alive'
- Sen. John McCain recovering from surgery for intestinal infection