The Delhi Police have filed a chargesheet against four Delhi University students for allegedly stalking Union minister Smriti Irani a year ago, PTI reported on Tuesday.
Police had filed a charge sheet against Sitanshu, Karan, Avinash and Amit under the provisions of stalking, criminal intimidation and intention to insult the modesty of a woman.
The incident took place in April 2017, when Irani was returning from the Delhi global airport to her home in Chanakyapuri, an affluent neighborhood and diplomatic enclave in New Delhi.
In April 2017, the drunk students allegedly followed Irani's auto in Lutyens' Delhi, after which they were detained by the police. The police said that the accused were coming from a party and started chasing the Union Minister's auto. The four youths, in the age groups of 18-21, are students of Delhi University's Motilal Nehru College.
They were later detained for allegedly stalking and outraging the modesty of a woman and set free on bail. "We apologise for whatever happened", one of them had said.
With the help of PCR van, the auto was intercepted near the US Embassy. "We apologized to her on the spot", ANI had quoted one of the students as saying. When we overtook the vehicle, we didn't know that Smriti Irani was there in it. "I just want to ensure that our lives do not get ruined", said the man.
- Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls for iOS Announced
- Large Volume Movers Intel Corporation's
- Dark Souls: Remastered Succumbs To Delay On Switch, Along With Solaire amiibo
- Ubisoft Accidentally Confirmed Next Watch Dogs Title, Blame it on Sam
- Apple reportedly planning paid news subscription service
- One Dead, Hundreds Injured in Latest Hamas-Led Gaza Riots
- Newcastle claim massive win over Arsenal
- Stocks within Assessment: Caesars Entertainment Corporation (CZR), Halliburton Company
- Nikki Bella Reportedly Broke Off Engagement With John Cena
- UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE:UNH) posted quarterly profit that beat estimates